Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 25th, 2017 16:00

Latitude E6430 Slice Battery Not Working

I just bought a 9-cell 97WHr slice battery for my Latitude E6430 because my normal battery only gives me 3 hours of charge on a good day.

When I went to connect it to the E-Port slot on the bottom of the computer, it did not register as a battery on the system, and whenever connected, the battery symbol on the top left of the keyboard blinks red repeatedly. What does this mean and how can I fix it?

Also, when I try to connect the laptop charger to the port on the slice battery, the same thing happens. Can someone please help me with this issue?

If it helps, my laptop runs a 2.7GHz Intel Core i7 processor with 16GB of RAM, and the OS is Windows 10 Pro.

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

October 26th, 2017 05:00

Hi DuNamarSundavar,

Thanks for posting.

According to the information I have, the symbol on the top left of the keyboard would indicate the storage or hard drive, not the battery.  Does the light blink when disconnected from the slice battery?

October 26th, 2017 08:00

It's that battery icon in the middle that's the issue, it repeatedly flashes red whenever I attempt to connect the slice battery, and the same thing happens with the small light on the bottom left of the connector side of the slice battery itself when I attempt to plug it into a charger.

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

October 26th, 2017 11:00

Since you haven't indicated if the laptop does this without the slice battery installed, perhaps the slice battery has failed.  

October 26th, 2017 12:00

I am sorry for not indicating that. No, no such issue appears when the slice is not connected; my primary battery works normally (especially considered I just bought it a week ago) and my charger (also ordered very recently) works as expected.

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

October 27th, 2017 05:00

Perhaps the slice battery has failed.  Do you have another computer you can test it on?  If not, maybe contact Tech Support for further troubleshooting.  You can contact Tech Support at 1-800-624-9896 or 1-800-288-4410, or you can initiate a chat session http://dell.to/2v4snVm

No Events found!