Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 2nd, 2016 21:00

Latitude E6510 lost sound after updating to Win 10

My Dell latitude E6510 was running win 7/64. After updating to win 10, the sound disappears. The driver loaded is Microsoft 10.0.10586.0 (assuming it is a win10 driver). I have altered the speaker properties to various settings (for example, 16bit, 192000Hz). I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the sound driver. But nothing works. Any idea? Please help !!! Thanks so much.

16 Posts

January 2nd, 2016 21:00

Actually, the internal speakers work. But the earphone jack does not, which is why the speakers do not work. How could the earphone jack go down after updating to win 10???

16 Posts

January 2nd, 2016 22:00

Weird. The issue has gone away. It is all good now. I did nothing. Strange !!!!

615 Posts

January 3rd, 2016 00:00

Audio appears to be a bit of a challenge for a handful of people trying to upgrade. There is specifically a REALTEK driver issue that has not been rectified by Realtek clients (usually OEM's) or Microsoft (for a WHQL driver) I see this a lot in late Vista - Early Win 7 machines. (2008-2009) Some OEM's / vendors simply aren't supporting Win10 compliance at all.  A couple things to consider with regard to your audio coming back 1) The automatic update process may have found and installed a fix for your audio, or 2) The jack itself has some wear to it and may have thought there was a headphone plugged into it....if the contact springs find their seats (by whatever means...sometimes re-inserting and unplugging a headphone can persuade the jack to cooperate in high-mileage laptops) then the audio problem goes away. I'd be interested to hear if this problem comes back intermittently.

No Events found!