Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 29th, 2013 10:00

Latitude E6520 Keyboard Issues

Hi everyone,

I am having an issue with my Latitude E6520 keyboard. It has happened a few times since I got the laptop (about two years ago) but has become worse lately. The keyboard will be working fine for several hours, then will suddenly stop working. At this point I need to take out the battery, replace it, and boot up again (restarting the computer properly will not do the trick, I'm not sure why). At this point, the keyboard will again work for a few hours then stop working and I will have to repeat the process. Also, this seems to be a Windows 7 - unique problem, because I do not remember it happening when I boot into Linux. Can anyone assist me with this? It is getting very frustrating.

Thank you,

Mike

2 Posts

April 28th, 2014 23:00

Turns out it was a hardware issue. I ended up replacing the keyboard and it seems to have solved it.

1 Message

February 17th, 2014 13:00

I'm having the same problem, at the moment also with Linux (Ubuntu). I also had the same problem with Windows 8 before and couldn't find anything yet. Do you have any updates?

1 Message

April 28th, 2014 22:00

I hear you mike... I have a E6520 which has begun having this issue. i too run a 32 bit Windows 7 on my machine..

It's sad that dell hasnt got time to respond to queries from customers purchasing high end machines. There seems to be no trigger for this and is random and sporadic as ever. My machines will be fine for days and then in one day they keyboard will hang for no apparent reason.

DELL CUSTOMER SERVICE.. please provide a solution thanks

No Events found!