Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

November 1st, 2015 19:00

Latitude E6530 will not boot windows 7

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me, I have a Dell Latitude 6530, that I hardly ever use. I need it occasionally for running various engineering programs.

Six months or so ago, it worked fine. Today I can not get it to proceed past the Dell logo and cursor in the upper right. It goes to a black screen. I have tried to use BIOS but really don't know where the problem would be. I did the diagnostic test and it was 100% ok. I just need it to boot windows 7...

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

brendan

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

November 2nd, 2015 15:00

From your post I understand that you where able to bring up the boot menu and possibly open the BIOS, and you did run the diagnostics.  Please let me know if this is incorrect.

Assuming that there is no hardware defects should be able to restore Windows and get the system to boot again.  Please look here for more information on either system restore or running an Operating system restore.

Steps for running system restore from the Advanced options menu:

1. Restart your computer.
  2. As your computer restarts, press and hold the F8 key before the Windows logo appears to open the Advanced Boot Options menu.
    If the Advanced Boot Options menu doesn't appear, restart your computer after the Windows logon prompt appears, and try again.
  3. Use the Arrow keys to select Repair Your Computer, and then press Enter.
  4. Select your language settings, and click Next.
  5. Log on as an administrator, and click OK.
  6. Click System Restore, and then click Next.
  7. The most recent restore point is the default choice and the best place to start.
  8. To choose a different restore point, click the Show more restore points check box, and then click a restore point.
  9. Click Next, and then click Finish to confirm your restore point.
  10. To start the restore process, click Yes.
  11. Once the system restore is complete, click Restart to restart your computer.

If this fails the you will need to try an Operating System restore.

Please let me know if this helps.

TB

No Events found!