Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 19th, 2016 12:00

Latitude E7470 WinPE drivers

We are having problems with PXE booting our new E7470's. The boot image is missing the net Driver. I have downloaded and injected the drivers from the dell website, intel website and the latest dell WinPe 10 Cab drivers.

Anyone know of a working WinPE driver for this model?

4 Posts

February 29th, 2016 05:00

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_156F&SUBSYS_06DC1028&REV_21 is the driver that it is trying to find. I have pin-pointed this very driver but it does not work still.

EDIT: I have tried downloading the individual drivers for I217-219LM from Intel, Latitude Family Pack driver package, E7470 Driver CAB, exported the drivers from Dell pre-installed OS and tried those, the WinPE package under Systems Management from the E7470 Dell driver page and none of them work.

I am using a WinPE 5.0 USB to boot into MDT btw, should probably be mentioned.

Any help or input is appreciated!

3 Posts

February 29th, 2016 11:00

I was having this trouble on both the Latitude E7470 and the Optiplex 7440 All-In-One, where despite importing the cabs and corresponding winpe files, I got the error when attempting to connect to the MDT share via PXE boot.

What ended up working for me was booting the pre-installed OS so I could verify the drivers. In both cases, it was the Intel(R) Ethernet Connection I219-LM device.

I then went to Intel's site and searched for the driver, which brought me here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/82185/Intel-Ethernet-Connection-I219-LM

I chose the Intel Ethernet Connections CD (version 20.7 as of late February).

I downloaded that zip file, extracted it, and added all of the 32 and 64-bit drivers to their respective driver management locations (both their regular install folders and the winpe folder for the boot images.

After that, PXE booting to MDT actually worked!

Hope that helps! Let me know if I can go into more detail.

4 Posts

March 1st, 2016 06:00

Thanks for your reply!

I tried what you suggested and separated all drivers for WinPE x32, x64 and the regular drivers and imported them individually to WinPEx86 and WinPEx64 aswell as Latitude E7470 but still get the same error. :\

Any tips? What information can I give you to get a better a idea of what the issue may be?

As a workaround at the moment I use a USB -> Ethernet adapter to install.

3 Posts

March 1st, 2016 15:00

The approach I did (after extracting the 20.7 zip file) was to search in that for all folders named Win32 and Winx64, and import all of those folders drivers into both the winpe and the folders that my task sequences used for drivers.

It was a really broad approach, as opposed to a fairly direct/targeted approach at finding the specific driver.

4 Posts

March 4th, 2016 04:00

As I feel I've tried everything, I just dumped all of the driver contents from the Intel zip into both WinPE folders aswell as the Latitude E7470 folder and it still didnt work. :\

4 Posts

March 7th, 2016 05:00

After importing the WinPE 86x and 64x drivers respectively in their appropriate folders I also had to "Update Deployment Share" for a fresh boot image. Worked great after that, thanks for all your help dudes regardless!

I guess thats kind of what smh stated in the parenthesis. :>

3 Posts

March 7th, 2016 07:00

Yes! Sorry, I have a habit of doing that regularly after importing drivers, I forgot to explicitly say it. Good catch and glad it's working for you!

1 Message

April 4th, 2016 20:00

Thanks for the tip!

I extracted the Zip file and found the correct NIC driver inside PRO1000\Win32\NDIS62 which allowed me to boot using WinPE3 to initiate the task sequence successfully

cheers!

4 Posts

April 10th, 2016 06:00

Hi,

I tried did what suggested here by smh04747 but no success.

what I did was follow this guy guid: http://deploymentresearch.com/Research/Post/325/MDT-2013-Lite-Touch-Driver-Management

what this link say (in short):

1) under Out of the box divers create 2 folders name WinPEx64 and WinPex86 (i placed there the drivers version 20.7)

2) Create profiles for each platform (x64 and x86) and point them to their designated folders

3) go to MDT deployment share properties and at the Windows PE tab change Scratch space size to 128

4) at the Drivers and Patches tab, for each platform, set the selection profile.

of course i did update deployment share. but when booting to WinPE with a computer i need to install I'm still getting the same *** error.

And another thing i'm wondering about, at the MDT deployment share properties, under Windows PE tab, i changed the Custom background bitmap file but still see the original one. So I was wondering if my new settings are actually working.

Please help for I'm pulling my hair out (and I don't have much) :)

thanks

4 Posts

April 10th, 2016 06:00

Hello,

i would like to update for the solution.

What i did was replace the boot images in the WDS with the new .wim image placed in deploymantshare\boot

hope i helped. thanks alot to everyone tried to help.

cheers

July 24th, 2016 05:00

Hi!

I have imported the network drivers and winpe cab into the boot.wim file but still its not recognizing my network driver when I boot from WDS.

Can you please help as its really frustrating.

Thanks

2 Posts

August 2nd, 2016 21:00

I have the same booting issue with dell 7470. Tried driver from dell website and intel lm319 from intel website. issue not solved.

pls help.

4 Posts

August 4th, 2016 14:00

I have the same booting issue with dell 7470. Tried driver from dell website and intel lm319 from intel website. issue not solved.

pls help.

if you are using WDS then change the boot image. they are located in deploymentshare$\boot. usually they are called LiteTouchPE_x64.& wim LiteTouchPE_x86.wim.

open WDS, go to boot images, Right click on them and choose replace image...

o, and 1 more thing,before you replace images, try adding the driver for win8 & win8.1 (don't remember which one) as well and then update deployment share. this solved my issue too. i needed to do both things,

good luck :)

August 5th, 2016 01:00

Hi!

I was able to solve this. I took some drives from DELL site related to this model and injected in the boot image and now it works.

1 Message

August 8th, 2016 10:00

Hi Nil11anjan,

I had this issue and it was the 7470 would not boot off a different subnet. The older laptops did but not the 7470. Try booting a laptop that is on the same subnet as the the WDS server and DHCP server.

Regards.

No Events found!