Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 18th, 2016 09:00

Little white dots appeared on the bottom left of the screen

Yesterday I was playing a video game called Dying Light in my Dell 5558 i5. Paused the game for like 15 minutes to eat and then come back. but looks like the game was frozen, mouse wasnt moving, could not minimize the game, or do anything, so I decided to close the screen of the laptop with the hope that it will turn the game normally or at least run the windows again.

but the screen didnt close, it didnt put on sleep. (I know it was a stupid move) 

so I force shut down the pc, and when start it up, more than 3 little dots appeared on the bottom left side of my screen. 

it looks like its hardware problem.. how to fix this? I dont have this laptop more than 6 months and is kept in a good shape, no direct hit, or anything..

2K Posts

September 18th, 2016 19:00

Hi BERGEX,

Do you see these dots from the time you power on the system or when it boots into Windows? Is this a cluster or 3 separate pixels? Have you checked to see if this might be a smudge or a speck of dirt?

Check for the issue while you run the LCD bist - Turn off the system and press and hold the "D" key + power button to turn on the system and it should run the LCD built in self test - see this link for more info - http://dell.to/1SkXNrG

Also, restart the system and press f2 key to enter BIOS and check if the issue is seen in BIOS.

Restart the system and press f12 key on startup - choose diagnostics. Let it run the diags and if you encounter any errors - make a note of the complete error and report the same to us.These are onboard diagnostics and they might possible pick some error if the hardware is not functional. Check if the dots are seen while running the diagnostics as well.

Connect an external monitor and check if the issue is seen on the external monitor as well.

If the external monitor is fine, then the issue is with the LCD. If not, the graphics card is at fault.

If the system is under warranty, Please click my DELL-username and write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name, Phone#, Address and Email).

Let us know if you have any other queries.

No Events found!