Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 21st, 2017 07:00

Locked Unit Blue Screen Error

Hello,

Totally new here but have had an Inspiron 3000 for about 15 months.  So had no problem at all until about 4 days ago, when the unit wouldn't turn on.  Instead there is a blue error screen with the message 'Your PC needs to be repaired.  A required device isn't connected or can be accessed. Error code Oxc000000f.  You'll need to use the recovery tools on your installation media.  If you don't have any media (which I don't) contact your system administrator or PC manufacturer'.  I tried contacting Dell (I'm in the UK) but to no avail.  No answer to the telephone number and I've emailed a couple of times but no response.  It looks like I'll have to write the unit off and buy a replacement unit, given it's not possible to get in touch with Dell, but I thought I'd post first here in the hope of a fix.

I tried to reset to factory settings but F8 just took me to some sort of test environment.  Now nothing gets past the blue screen it would seem.

Thanks

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

April 22nd, 2017 05:00

Start with the Dell diagnostics - F12 at powerup.  Run the extended test on the hard drive.

If the drive fails, it'll need to be replaced.

You can download a WIndows 10 ISO from MIcrosoft and prepare a bootable flash drive to reload WIndows, whether that's on the existing drive - or if that has failed, on a new drive.

If you require further information, we'll need the model number (i.e., Inspiron 3321, etc.).

Windows 10 ISO:

www.microsoft.com/.../windows10

No Events found!