Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 14th, 2016 02:00

Low CPU Frequency on Dell 7559

Hi, there:

I bought a Dell Inspiron 7559 notebook with Windows 10 64-bits installed on it. The user experience is really poor. The system is lag. After system power on, CPU frequency is locked at 0.78GHz. And, no way to make it higher. The only way to get the CPU frequency back to 3.0GHz is system reboot.  However, it down to 0.78GHz sooner. 

After some google on this issue, somebody said it can be solved if restore the BIOS to older version(v1.0.1). It really solved this issue. The CPU speed with BIOS v1.0.1 seems normal. But, I don't think is a good way to use older BIOS. I've also try BIOS v1.0.3 , v1.0.4, v1.1.3, v1.1.5, v1.1.7. None of them can help on this issue. 

Any idea?

4 Posts

May 8th, 2016 05:00

If it is not your Motherboard, it might as well be the CPU itself.

Now you really need to contact customer support.

On a side note: there are things that could be causing your CPU to be limited, I'm thinking one of the reasons might be power setting, hard drives or error in the software.

But that was before looking up again on the web. 

Here is an post wit similar problem, <superuser.com/.../why-is-my-cpu-speed-lower-than-it-should-be>;

If your problem persist, Customer Support is needed, keep in mind, it might just be your CPU, not all parts will function 100%. Thus constant testing is needed. Also, as long your warranty cover this problem if the CPU is busted, in rare cases.

No Events found!