Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 31st, 2010 13:00

M1330 GPU problems AGAIN!

I am an owner of an XPS M1330 laptop. I have actually had two of these units, as the first one was replaced (under warranty) after it's second GPU failure. That was in Feb 2008. Now the warranty is expired, the Nvidia 'extension' is more than one year old and the GPU has died again! Exact same symptoms including blank screen, colored lines on screen, or white screen at startup... no way to get it started.

I just spent over an hour on the phone and chat support and can't get anyone to help other than send me to out of warranty repairs.. (Great)> I have read on other threads including: http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/p/19337305/19715421.aspx#19715421  that dell has replaced parts for this issue beyond the warranty extension. Even on the phone, the support supervisor agreed that dell had to extend the warranty by (his words) "At least one year past the original warranty" as part of the settlement.

So, Dell... can I get some help with this. The computer (which is a great machine once I put XP Pro on it) is dead and I need some assistance please! This is probably the 8th Dell computer I've purchased in the past 10 years.. I hope it's not the last! Thanks!

Francis

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

December 31st, 2010 13:00

There is a settlement pending --

www.nvidiasettlement.com

That is likely your only remaining recourse (but given the total pool of $2 million, don't expect much).

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

December 31st, 2010 14:00

Once the settlement is final, Dell has no option - it becomes the ONLY option.  The entire problem is nVidia's and the settlement, nVidia's.  It's not a fortunate turn of events, but it's the way the system works.

No Events found!