Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

October 20th, 2011 10:00

M6600 won't recognize or pair with Dell Blue Tooth Travel Mouse

Can't get the M6600 to pair up with Dell BT mouse.  Mouse works fine (installed it on destop to test it).  Running Win 7 XP 64 on M6600.  When I click "Add Device", the laptop never "sees" the mouse as a new device (desktop can see and install mouse).  Can't install the mouse on the M6600 as a device. 

Replaced Mobo and BT module.  No luck.  Bios shows BT enabled, and the BT settings are set to enable adding devices, and letting other BT devices see the M6600.  Has anyone had similar problems?  Any ideas?  Software issue?

One idea.  Does anyone know if the BT module communicates through the I/O board, or just goes directly to the MoBo.  The reason that I ask is that the Express Card slot on tne M6600 also does not work, and I believe this connects to the I/O board - so maybe the I/O board is bad.  If BT mouse also goes thru I/O board, then a bad I/O board may be the cause of both problems.

Comments, ideas?

16 Posts

March 29th, 2012 14:00

Hello,

I'm not sure if you are having the same issues as I did? Since you are running Windows 7? You may try the latest Logitech SetPoint?   

Install the Logitech SetPoint 4.80 and see if that does the trick.. I was on at chat session with a tech remoted into my PC for 4 hours with no luck. As soon as we got off the chat I went looking for the older SetPoint and the mouse connected right away.. I also went into the BIOS Settings and made it so the Wireless Switch doesn't control the Bluetooth and it stays on.. 

He was going to see if the Techs in the lab could reproduce the problem. Never heard back from them.. So, I called back on the case to see if they had a database setup with issues like this to put this solution in.. I guess so?? 

Let me know if you need the SetPoint 4.80...

M6600, Widcomm 375, Windows XP Pro, BT Travel Mouse Won't Connect or Pair.

DISCLAIMER.... No Guarantees expressed or implied with this possible solution.. :-)

20 Posts

May 10th, 2012 10:00

This may be a foolish suggestion, but if your mouse is already paired with the desktop, it won't pair with anything else.

No Events found!