Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

W

March 24th, 2011 12:00

MR425 Remote control

Hi guys, Im falling out of love with my XPS M1330. I installed Windows 7 Ultimate on it a few months back and re-installed all the drivers I could think of but I'm struggling to find one for my MR 425 remote control.

Is there a seperate driver or is it all included in the media center software? Have searched high and low on the dell website and even tried contacting them, however, my laptops older than the warranty period so their not interested in helping :-(.

Any help would be fantastic cheers guys.

3.6K Posts

March 24th, 2011 14:00

That is a Bluetooth item,set it to be recognized (pairring mode) by laptop,and the system will install the BT drivers for it.

3 Posts

March 24th, 2011 15:00

Sorry think I'm being a bit thick here. Put the laprtop into pairing mode, or the remote? If its the latter how to I put the remote into pairing mode? Cheers

3.6K Posts

March 24th, 2011 16:00

If it works like the interlink BT remote,hold down the volume up and volume down keys for 5 seconds(on the remote) and it will be in discover mode so it can be paired.Then follow the on screen prompts as windows installs the BT drivers and software.

EDIT: Just found this The remote works with the Dell MediaDirect™ application and is also compatible with the Windows Vista™ Media Center and Microsoft® PowerPoint®. With no software interface or product specific driver needed for this remote to work, this remote offers ease of use and operation. It is compatible1 with any Dell system that has a consumer IR receiver.The remote control fits neatly in the ExpressCard slot but it does not recharge its battery while in the slot.

Try changing the battery as it might be dead since it does not recharge.It works off the IR port and apparently NOT with the BT software.

3 Posts

March 26th, 2011 12:00

I've tried to put the remote into "pairing mode" with no success.

1 Message

August 11th, 2011 04:00

@wanmac : did you find a solution ?

I have the same question as yours for a Inspiron1720 ... :)

Thanks

1 Message

August 11th, 2011 21:00

The MR425 is an infrared device not BT,  you can try different dirvers that support the ITECIR chipset, but i dont know that it will recongnize the remote (was made for vista dell media center. 

No Events found!