Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 3rd, 2013 20:00

MY INSPIRON N5110 KEEPS SHUTTING OFF!

I will been my computer, and the slightest nudge makes it turn off. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the battery not staying in place. I'm wondering if their is anything I can do to solve this issue, as it is extremely frustrating. I will be working on a paper for school and then the dam thing turns off; I am not sure how much longer I can stand it and I cannot afford to buy a new laptop. So...any suggestions?

2 Posts

It works with the adapter, and stays on when it is plugged in so I do not think it is the board. but I cannot keep it plugged in all the time as I am a collage student and need to take it places.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

Hi,

Welcome to the community

If its the battery issue, will it stay on if ac adapter is plugged in? Try to remove the battery and turn on laptop with AC adapter only. And observe if same problem occurs, if yes, possible issue with board. You may want also to reseat rams and hard drive then test again. Let me know of the results.

Regards,

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 5th, 2013 23:00

I see, add me as a friend and we'll see if battery is still under warranty. You can send private message with Service Tag. Thank you.

No Events found!