Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 28th, 2016 23:00

MY VOSTRO 1520 LAPTOP RANDOMLY TURNED OFF AND WONT TURN BACK ON

I was using my Dell Vostro 1520 yesterday afternoon when it turned off. It didn't shut down, the screen just went black and the whole thing just stopped running. When I tried turning it on again later the power button was completely unresponsive. None of the lights are on and the screen is showing no signs of life. Since then I have repeatedly tried turning it on but the same has been happening. The laptop isn't very old and I have had virus software on it that showed no signs of alarm. I haven't had any problems like this before. I don't use a battery, I use a power cord. I have tried plugging it into multiple powerpoints but nothing comes up. I have tried putting the battery in but I'm not even sure if it has my charge in it. I left the laptop plugged in, with the battery inserted over night but that didn't make any changes. Please help I have no idea what could be causing this!

January 29th, 2016 03:00

Hi sbull59,

Thank you for writing to us.

I would suggest you to drain the residual power from the laptop:

* Disconnect any external peripherals (flash drives, printers, external hard drives) from the computer.
* Remove the adapter and then the battery.
* Press and hold the power button for 10-15 seconds.
* After draining the residual power, try reseating the memory and see if the system is able to boot.

Please private message us the result of the above steps along with the system service tag.

Kindest Regards,
DELL-Akshatha M
Social Media and Community Professional
#IWork4Dell

No Events found!