Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 5th, 2017 19:00

Making Beep sound 4 times repeatedly, when I press power button and it wont Start

My laptop is Dell Inspiron 15 5547.

• 4GB Memory
  • 1TB Hard Drive
  • Intel Core I7 (Dont know what generation).

It happens when i open the laptop and fix the wire problem in WLAN. So I detached the parts in order...

1. Battery
  2. Hard Drive
  3. 2x 2GB Memory Card
  4. Fan
  5. Keyboard
  6. Monitor

The reason i detached the parts because the wire of WLAN runs thru the monitor and i cant get thru to fix it unless i remove the monitor. Now when i put all the parts back in the descending order, i just got a beep and i got no display it just blank, I listen very carefully and got 4 beeps fading. Can you help me? Don't know what to do.

30 Posts

December 5th, 2017 22:00

4 beep sound may indicate a Ram failure according to source : www.dell.com/.../en

Try and reseat the RAMs. Or try to use 1 RAM to check which RAM is having faulty.

Hope this helps.

3 Posts

December 6th, 2017 16:00

I tried to re-seat the RAM and remove the other one and it still beeping, but this time is 8 beeps.

30 Posts

December 6th, 2017 18:00

Hi youmarky,

8 beeps indicate LCD failure. Try to reseat the LVDS / EDP cable first from LCD to MOBO.

Else it will indicate the hardware failure.

3 Posts

December 6th, 2017 19:00

I try to reseat the Cable and its still the same. I think this is a Hardware failure. i try also removing all parts and mother board from the case to test and reseat the parts and its still the same, i tried also removing the LCD and try the monitor of my computer it doesnt work.

No Events found!