Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 22nd, 2012 20:00

Master passwords will not be given out through this Forum

i tried to jump the BIOS as suggested but no luck. everybody tells me to call Dell support and give them the service tag/express service code and they will provide me with a master system password. it's out of warranty and want to charge. if there is someone who can please help me get the system password, i would really appreciate it very much. need to get my homework.

zac

1 Message

December 23rd, 2014 12:00

I have a latitude 10 forget the admin password in the bios and I want to configure it , there is a master code to unlock them ?, I can provide my service tag ...

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

December 23rd, 2014 23:00

Going forward, this can no longer be done through the Forum. You must call in to Dell Technical Support for your country. They will verify all of your data as the owner of the laptop and then contact an L2 technician to get the password reset.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

The alternative is to replace the system board, which will cost far more than the call.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

Hi zacoalco,

Please help me with your system ID, which will be seen on the BIOS screen. If you do not get the system ID, try entering an incorrect password multiple times and you will see the System ID.

Please revert with this information for us to provide you with a master password.

4 Posts

October 22nd, 2012 21:00

thank you Ravi for trying.

ok, when i press the power button, the dell logo shows up and the options to press F1 or F12 which takes about 3 seconds then states: Enter System Password. enter three times then shuts down.

i didn't see a System ID.

is there another way to obtain the System ID?

zac

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

October 27th, 2012 03:00

Hi zacoalco,

You will have to perform the ownership transfer on the computer. Please follow the steps mentioned in the link given below and get back to us so that we will assist you further.

http://www.dell.com/support/retail/us/en/19/ownershiptransfer/IdentifySystem

Please reply for any queries.

November 20th, 2012 10:00

Hey Ravi, My name is Sage and I'm having a similar problem to zacoalco. If you can please help me, I would gladly appreciate it. My PPID: CNOC8PJJ7016616E04XSA00. I'm having a problem getting pass this screen without a system password and I have no clue how to get it. I'll be traveling soon and need the computer to give a family who needs it more than I do. Awaiting your response and thanks in advance! ~Sage~

1 Message

May 8th, 2013 07:00

im alfred i have a similar problem just like that.     enter system password

I would gladly appreciate it.tnx in advance!

Service Tag: <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>

Express Service Code: <ADMIN NOTE: Express service code removed per privacy policy>

1.5K Posts

May 8th, 2013 08:00

Hi Alfred,

Please share the exact error message that you encounter when you try to boot to Windows. Also, do you get the 'Enter the password' prompt before the Dell Logo screen or after it?

Please remove the Service Tag and Express Service Code from public view for security reasons.

Do reply with the information, I'll be glad to assist.

1 Message

May 11th, 2013 23:00

The exact  error is when you turn it on the laptop the dell logo screen after that you will input  a   password!

ENTER SYSTEM PASSWORD!

1 Message

May 11th, 2013 23:00

i have the same problem in alfred every time i type the my password error password this is the capture pls help me mr.  DELL-Saharsh pls pls pls the model laptop dell m5030 http://www.helpowl.com/images/question_images/image/353669b0ad85d4333db9b16cf209bf7d.jpg

1.5K Posts

May 14th, 2013 11:00

Hi aser08wilson,

Please share the system Service Tag and Owner's Name through private message (click my username and then click Start Conversation) so that I can look for the details and assist further.

@Alfred: Please share the below mentioned information through private message so that I can assist you further. The system is registered under the retailer and I will need to get it registered first and will then be able to generate a master password.

• Owner's Name.
  • Phone Number.
  • Address.
  • Date of Purchase.
  • Email Address.

Please reply with the information.

1 Message

August 13th, 2013 08:00

I am having the same problem. How can I get someone to assist me getting past this screen?

Thank you,

Sal

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

August 13th, 2013 21:00

Hi saldistefano,

Please help me with your system ID, which will be seen on the BIOS screen. If you do not get the system ID, try entering an incorrect password multiple times and you will see the System ID.

Please revert with this information via private message so that we can provide you with a master password. To send a private message, click on my name and select start conversation.

4 Posts

December 14th, 2013 17:00

Hi  DELL-Ravi Ch, I have a problema with my laptop Dell inspiron M5030.

I do not know the system password, help me please.

Regards!

No Events found!