Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 29th, 2017 08:00

Memory upgrade Inspiron 15-5555

Used Crucial computer upgrade scanner and identified 8GB memory chips (2) to upgrade my 4GB system. The 8GB chips ar DDR3L-1866 Sodimm 1.35V CL13 kit.

I installed the memory chips and now all i get are stop codes, followed by "we will restart" ie. "Driver IRQL not less or equal"; Page fault in non area - RDYBOOST.sys"; Attempted write to read only memory - TCPIP.sys"; then get black Dell screen "Preparing Automatic Repair"; "Syatem thread exception not handled -USBHUB.sys; "Driver IRQL not less or equal - TCPIP.sys; "Driver IRQL not less or equal - Netio.sys": "Page fault in non page area"; "Kmode exception not handled" and more. Have only been able to get to Windows 10 start page twice when I was presented with an option screen to "Exit and open Windows 10; shut down; continue; open BIOS". Went to BIOS once and saw that speed was 1800, all other peramaters seemed to be OK.  When I replace the original 4GB memory I got the first opening screen saying that if I had not replaced memory that I should reseat memory. The computer went through a few reboots and then the Windows 10 screen came up.

Any idea why my computer will not accept this memory? Do I need to overclock the AMD E2 processor? If so how? Do I need to return 8GB memory chips and get a set with slower speed?

UGH!!!

2 Posts

May 11th, 2017 12:00

The laptrop works fine with 1866 MHZ memory module. After a changeout of one 8GB 1866MHZ memory module I was able to successfully install 2 8GB 1866MHZ Crucial memory modules to enable the full 16GB memory capability of the Inspiron 15 5555 laptop. The screen initially comes up saying that if you have not installed new memory then reseat installed memory. I just clicked "continue" as I had installed the new memory and the system booted up OK. Thanks for all the help.

2K Posts

April 29th, 2017 12:00

Hi CARL A,

Does the system boot with the original memory installed?

Have you purchased 2*8GB modules = 16GB? Or 2*4GB modules = 8GB?

Dell has not tested the 1866 MHz memory on the system. We have only tested 1600 MHz for this system model - kindly find the specification here - http://dell.to/2pszS3j

I suppose you might need to return those modules and order the 1600 MHz and it should work fine. The system supports up to 16GB memory.

Also, please click my DELL-username and write me a private message with the service tag and your Name for case records.

Let us know if you have any other queries.

No Events found!