Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 7th, 2012 01:00

Memory upgrade trouble

Hi, 

I have the next problem with my Dell Vostro 3560 (Model No: 3560-9900).

After I upgraded 2G*2 RAM to 4G*2 (Hynix 2Rx8 10600S-9-11-F3) notebook doesn't boot.

I've changed RAM back ,but the problem still remains... 

Notebook won't start. It starts booting, but stays with turned off monitor and  beeps.

Is there any solution for this?

Thank you in advance, Ihor.

December 7th, 2012 05:00

Hi Bambarbea,

As the system is not booting up with any of the memory cards, it seems that the slot on the motherboard is the point of failure ans may need a replacement.

I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide system’s Service Tag and contact details so I may access your system records and check for further course of action. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message.

Please reply for further questions.

December 7th, 2012 01:00

Hi Bambarbea,

The beep codes indicates a memory failure. Please check the manual from the link below and try to reseat the memory cards.

ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_laptop/esuprt_vostro_notebook/vostro-3560_Owner%27s%20Manual_en-us.pdf

If you are still facing issue, please insert 1 memory card in 1 slot and try to power on the system, then try the same card on the other slot, if this fails, try another memory card one slot at a time. This will detect if there are any issues with a particular memory card or any slot on the system board.

Please keep me posted.

3 Posts

December 7th, 2012 02:00

Hi Abhishek B,

Thank you for your response.

The same issue if no RAM installed, if one(second) stick installed in any slot, or 2 sticks...

Just beeps after turn on.

Is it possible that BIOS remembered 4G stick RAM? Possible there is some way to reset it to factory settings?

WBR, Ihor.

December 7th, 2012 03:00

Hi Bambarbea,

Try to boot the system by installing only one 2 GB memory card on the slot. If the system boots up, please try to update the BIOS to the latest version.

You can click on the link below and install the latest BIOS:

http://dell.to/VnOtFn

Before flashing the BIOS please check the following:

• Battery should have 10% charge
  • Adapter should be connected
  • No external devices should be connected.
  • All other programs should be closed and documents saved.
Once the BIOS update is complete, try to insert the 4 GB cards and check if the system is booting up.
Also, let me know the Operating system installed on your computer and whether it is a 32 bit or 64 bit operating system.
Please reply for any further support.

3 Posts

December 7th, 2012 03:00

Hi  Abhishek B,

I see, but the notebook doesn't boot with any configuration of memory sticks...

I think it will not be possible to flash BIOS using any program.

It can't pass POST testing...

Is There any way to reset CMOS?

WBR, Ihor.

4 Posts

December 15th, 2012 19:00

Hi,

What is the maximum amount of ram that can be installed on the vostro 3560?

is it 4Gb per bank = 8Gb total?

or 8Gb per bank = 16Gb total?

No Events found!