Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

April 3rd, 2013 14:00

MicroSD does not work Latitude E5430 in Win8

When I upgraded from Win 7 to Win 8 my Dell Latitude E5430 stopped working. It does not even appear in Windows Explorer. I installed all drivers on the Dell site. does anyone know what I can do?

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

April 3rd, 2013 22:00

Hi SviB,

I would like to know if chipset drivers were installed in the computer, if not please install the Chipset drivers.

Click the above link, select Download file and follow the onscreen instruction to complete the installation.

After chipset drivers are installed please install the Card reader drivers in compatibility mode, follow the below mentioned steps.

1. Select Download file, save the downloaded driver file on the desk top.
  2. From the "Start" or "Apps" Screen Right click a single program to check it, and click/tap on Open file location.
  3. Right click program's shortcut (LNK), .EXE, or MSI file on your desktop or in Windows Explorer, and click/tap on Properties.
  4. Click/tap on the Compatibility tab.
  5. To Run a Program in Compatibility Mode in Only your User Account, click/tap on the Run this program in compatibility mode for box to check it. 
  6. Click/tap on the drop down menu arrow and select which version of Windows the program was written for. 
  7. When finished, click/tab on OK to apply the changes.
  8. Restart the system, connect the SD card in the system and check if it is detected.

Check if that works and reply.

9 Posts

April 4th, 2013 03:00

It still does not work. When I run DRVR_Chipset_O2Micro_A04-54WK9_setup_ZPE with and without compatability mode I get errors that the following files are missing. I also looked up the paths and they are missing.

C:\Program Files (x86)\O2Micro\Oz600\o2sdjw7x64.inf

C:\Program Files (x86)\O2Micro\Oz600\o2sddisk.inf

C:\Program Files (x86)\O2Micro\Oz600\o2mdfw7x64.inf

C:\Program Files (x86)\O2Micro\Oz600\o2mdrw7x64

C:\Program Files (x86)\O2Micro\Oz600\o2mddisk.inf

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

April 6th, 2013 02:00

Hi SviB,

I would like to know the model of the MicroSD card you are trying to install in the system.

Also please check if the card is detected in any other system, and post the results.

Awaiting your response!

9 Posts

April 6th, 2013 09:00

I don't know the model of the card. The reader came built in and worked under Windows 7. It was no longer recognized after I upgraded to Windows 8.

Will it help if I provide my Service Tag number? Can you tell me where to look under the Device Manager?

9 Posts

April 7th, 2013 23:00

I checked with Dell Service and all they know is that slot 11 hasSD card memory.

9 Posts

April 7th, 2013 23:00

I ran the hardware troubleshooter. This is what it found. Installing and updating the driver does not help. I get the same problem.

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

April 10th, 2013 03:00

Hi SviB,

This situation requires more research, for me to also understand the system specifications, please private message the system service tag, contact number and registered owner’s name.

To private message, click my user name and click “Start conversation”. 

Awaiting your response!  

9 Posts

May 13th, 2013 05:00

It has been over a month and you still did not get back to me.

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

May 13th, 2013 06:00

Hi SviB,

Thanks for your reply; I have not received any private message with the service tag.

Please private message me the service tag, registered owner’s name and address.

May 27th, 2013 13:00

Good afternoon.
There was some progress in this regard?

9 Posts

May 28th, 2013 00:00

Nothing. I am very disappointed. The dell representative never got back to me.

June 2nd, 2013 19:00

Hey, no moderator DELL goes to express its views?

this needs to be solved!!

9 Posts

June 3rd, 2013 01:00

I agree. It is really frustrating to have a product that you can't use to fullest.

But I am apparently too small of a customer for DELL to care about. I hope that they care more about you as a customer. Thank you for your concern.

11 Posts

October 25th, 2014 03:00

This solved it for me, thanks!

I didn't installed the 2nd package with compatibility mode though.

No Events found!