Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 13th, 2012 23:00

Microphone Not Removing Audio Coming From Loudspeakers

I am running Windows Vista. I have a Dell Inspiron 1420. For years the microphone has worked fine; however, out of the blue several days ago it stopped removing the audio that came from the loudspeakers. Now, people I video chat with using Google Chat hear terrible reverb when they are speaking. I don't know what to do to try to solve the problem. I have tried altering all of the enhancements (i.e. Andrea Electronics Microphone Enhancements) under the Microphone Array Properties, but nothing has worked (including selecting the "Speakerphone" enhancement). Any assistance with this problem would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

4 Operator

• 

4.4K Posts

March 14th, 2012 02:00

Hi Toowix,

Welcome to the Community,

Since you have checked the settings on the system microphone and still the issue persists,it could be an issue with the voice plugin for Google chat.Try to uninstall and reinstall voice plugin for Google chat.

For instructions, type uninstall  and reinstall google chat voice plugin in Google search bar.

Hope this helps,

Thank You

Roshan.

2 Posts

March 15th, 2012 12:00

Hi Roshan,

Thanks for the advice, but it didn't help.

I'm going to try posting my problem on the Google Chat Forum, but can you think of any other suggestions from a Dell standpoint to help?

Thanks again.

4 Operator

• 

4.4K Posts

March 16th, 2012 02:00

Hi Toowix,

Have you tried any other chat application? Like Facebook chat. If not would suggest you to try  any other chat application,so that we can find out if its the chat application or issue with system microphone/audio settings.

Thank You

Roshan.

No Events found!