Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 18th, 2014 15:00

Microphone problems dell 3537 i7

Hi i bought this laptop 1 month ago. The mic was working just fine until some days ago. There is this buzz sound in the background and furthermore when i use it to communicate on skype and dolby axon  my friends cant hear my voice properly ( [View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/3517/Untitled.wma:0:0]like They hear my voice really far and suffocating like sound). 

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

September 19th, 2014 06:00

Hello. Go to the Inspiron 3537 support page. Select your operating system in the drop down box. Expand the Audio category, download and install the Realtek driver there.

If the mic still will not work contact tech support for a repair.

[There is not much else you can do except perform a system recovery if you want to go that far. System recovery will either fix it or confirm that it is a hardware issue.]

1 Message

September 21st, 2014 01:00

Even I am facing the same problem with my laptop. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the latest drivers. Tried so many configuration changes still no use.:(

September 21st, 2014 03:00

Thank you. I will try that. But how come the mic gives bad sound quality? Ive only been using this pc for 2 months at most. Are dell laptops that bad?

September 21st, 2014 05:00

Didnt work. But how come the mic broke after only 2 months of use? The sound quality was good and suddenly it became bad. How it this possible? 

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

September 23rd, 2014 07:00

I don't know why the mics are so fragile. We get a lot of posts about mic failure. Yours was not the only post we had last week about the mic on an Inspiron 3537.

No Events found!