Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 4th, 2014 01:00

Mid tier 9530 XPS 15 Crashing and freezing

Hi, I have had a mid tier XPS 15 9530 (1TB / 32GB MSATA) for about a week now, problem is it is spending a lot of time crashing.

I have had at least 4 blue screens now and it constantly hangs when coming out of sleep mode. No one driver is causing the issue in particular, the errors are coming in lots of different services.

I have updated the BIOS to A03, up dated the the 750M drivers, and disabled intel rapid start in bios and on the machine and extended the MSATA drive to just for rapid storage.

Checking the drivers the machine appears to be all upto date according to the DELL drivers tool.

I am now at a bit of a loss as to what to do, the battery does not appear to be lasting much more than 2 hours and thats only really being used for browsing, email etc not games. And of course the touch pad is very poor.

All in all I am really disappointed, stability is very poor for a £1300 machine.

I guess my question is, first is this a general experience for people with this machine?

Also have people found a re install has improved stability of the machine at all?

I am considering buying a 120GB Crucial M500 MSATA and doing a fresh install of 8.1 enterprise but am I just wasting more money and am I better sending it back now?

Its a real shame as the concept of the machine is great and I can see the potential but the reality of it seems to be very disappointing.

Any help gratefully received.

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

April 25th, 2014 09:00

Catscrap,

I may be able to help. I will be shooting you a friend request shortly and I can get the information on your system. I will be happy to research any possible service options.

TB

No Events found!