Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 6th, 2015 13:00

Mobile broadband not working - no service

On Latitude E7450 running Win 8.1, the mobile broadband connection says "no service". I have tested the sim card in an ipda, works fine.

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

May 7th, 2015 16:00

Windows may have native drivers for the mobile broadband card, but if the system isn’t detecting the card you can download the driver. The 7450 can ship with one of two different models of mobile broadband cards, DW5808E and the DW5809E cards. Since you are using Windows 8.1 I don’t suggest downloading Dell’s Connection Manager utility. If you have never been able to get the card to work Microsoft has the following article on setting up mobile broadband cards.

1. Activate your subscriber identity module (SIM) and the mobile broadband service for the SIM. Your mobile operator or device retailer will give you the info to do this.
  2. If you have an external mobile broadband device, make sure it's correctly inserted into the PC according to the manufacturer's directions, and make sure the wireless switch is turned on. The wireless switch is usually found on the front, side, or back edge of a laptop or tablet.
  3. View a list of available networks by swiping in from the right edge of the screen, tapping Settings (or if you're using a mouse, pointing to the lower-right corner of the screen, moving the mouse pointer up, and then clicking Settings), and then tapping or clicking the network icon ( or ).
  4. Tap or click Network, and then tap or click the name of your mobile broadband network.

The document also goes over changing settings, finding information about your Account, and further troubleshooting steps. I hope that this helps.

TB

2 Posts

May 8th, 2015 01:00

The crad is a 5809E and is detected fine. It can see the provider as it should but says NO SERVICE indicating the simcard is not activated. The simcard has been tested in an Ipad and works fine there. I have requested service and replacement parts, but unsure if its an hardware fault.

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

May 8th, 2015 14:00

It doesn't sound like a hardware issue either, since the system does see the provider. I wonder if replacing the wireless card will make any difference at all.  I am curious did you contact the provider about the problem and did they have any suggestions?

TB

No Events found!