Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 4th, 2013 15:00

Motherboard Problem

Hello i have a Dell Inspiron N5110 and i hear 5 beebs on startup. When the windows start the beebs stop. I need a program to check the motherboard and tell me if it has a problem.On dell diagnostics on startup on boot menu all pass and on PC Doctor all pass. What recomended to do???Did you know a good program to check motherboard pleasee.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

June 4th, 2013 16:00

There is no way to run a diagnostic to find all possible faults on a mainboard.  Replace the coin cell backup battery (it's under the palmrest assembly.  If that doesn't fix the problem, replace the mainboard.

4 Operator

• 

3.3K Posts

June 5th, 2013 00:00

Hi Dimitris2434,

5 Beeps indicates Real Time Clock (RTC) power fail. We need to replace the CMOS battery as ejn63 said.

You may also try to reseat the CMOS battery.

Refer the followink link which has steps to reseat the CMOS battery.

http://dell.to/18U60Ae

From the above link click Manual and Documentation and Service manual.

Before Opening the chassis, I recommend you to remove the battery and disconnect the adapter, press and hold the power button for few seconds and release to drain the flea power.

Note: Open the chasy if you are comfortable in doing so.

** NOTE: Please ensure that the power cable of the computer is disconnected before opening the chassis. Refer to the Service Manual for assistance on removing or replacing the internal components of the computer.

If the issue persists, private message me the service tag so that I can take the case forward. To private message the service tag click my User name and click Start conversation.

Awaiting your response!

No Events found!