Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

November 28th, 2017 06:00

Mouse freeze when opening new browser window

Whenever I start a new Chrome window or Firefox, my mouse will freeze for about 1 second. This is happening every time. It does not happen with Edge

Brand new Inspiron 7577 gaming i7 7700hq and 16Gb of Ram, nvme SSD. Cannot be a ressource problem.
Also, I reinstalled Windows 10 from scratch, same issue with the vanilla Media Creator tool from Windows.

November 28th, 2017 08:00

are you ex[erincing the same freeze on clicking battery icon and right click on desktop , coz i have the same problem ,,.. disable nvidia driver from device manager and see if everything goes smooth or not

check this video

www.youtube.com/watch

1 Rookie

• 

10 Posts

November 28th, 2017 09:00

The right click on the video is easy fix. You have to disable the iguifx in registry.

www.intel.com/.../legacy-graphics.html

I will confirm the issue with the battery tray icon. I noticed it happening also in File Explorer. Funny fact, not when I am connected by RDP.

1 Rookie

• 

10 Posts

November 28th, 2017 18:00

So I have an idea. Turn out, the Dual GPU setup is problematic. If I go in the nVidia control panel and choose which GPU a software uses, the issue dissapear when I select nVidia GPU and comes back when using Intel GPU.

I can turn the whole system using nVidia GPU but that would not be good on the battery. There seams to be a couple of post online about this. I will keep digging in the couple of days to figure out exactly the root of the issue. Maybe Intel drivers, maybe nVidia drivers.

November 29th, 2017 06:00

issue will disappear whenever gpu runs and not in idle state ,, even if you open chrome browser with Nvidia gpu .. Rogh click>Slect graphoch processor > use Nvidia , the probleam will disappear .

I notice if i disable nvidia gpu in device manager , problem goes away Windows start very fast

January 2nd, 2018 04:00

The issue is caused by a bug with Nvidia Optimus technology which causes certain actions to trigger rapid switching between the integrated and dedicated gpu. It impacts a wide range of laptops but remains unfixed. You can see the issue demonstrated here: www.youtube.com/watch.

The workaround is to always keep the dedicated gpu active (which basically defeats the purpose of Optimus technology). This app was made to implement that workaround until the real issue is actually fixed: github.com/.../TrayPwrD3.

The good news is that Intel is apparently looking into the problem and with any luck there may be a real fix soon. You can follow the Intel community thread where Bryce@Intel responded that they have started to debug the issue: communities.intel.com/.../119093.

The issue is also being tracked on a Microsoft thread: answers.microsoft.com/.../93e7004a-62b1-4211-8e37-4c136608865e.

Spread the news so we can get a fix!

No Events found!