I have bought brand new Dell inspiron 3542, it has maxxaudio wave speaker. The muffling sound is emitting from laptop... The latest virson oh audio driver is already installed and the internal setting also is normal. Please help me solve this problem .... i don't know either it is hardware problem or software problem.
i don't know either it is hardware problem or software problem.
Hello. Test by switching to the Windows native audio driver.
1. Open the Device Manager
2. Expand the Sound, Video & Game Controllers section.
3. Right click on the Realtek and select to uninstall.
4. Put a check mark in the option to delete the driver software, and then ok.
5. Restart the laptop and go back to the Device Manager and check again for a Realtek driver. Keep uninstalling & restarting until Realtek no longer appears under Sound...Controllers and "High Definition Audio Device" appears in its place. "High Definition Audio Device" is the name of the native driver.
[The reason you might have to go through the process more than once is because the driver files for more than one Realtek driver could be on the hard drive. When a Realtek driver is removed, the next one gets installed if Windows can locate the files. Windows installs its generic driver only after all Realtek files have been removed.]
6. At this point, test the audio while the native driver is installed and see if the same problem occurs.
7. When finished testing, download and install a fresh copy of the Realtek driver for your operating system. Get it from your Dell support page. Test the audio again
If the same problem occurs with both the Realtek and the native driver, then probably not a software issue.