Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 15th, 2012 18:00

Multiple Power issues with stuido 1537

Currently having several issues with my 1537. Randomly when starting i'll get a pre boot message telling me my battery type cannot be detected. I always get a pre boot message telling me my power adapter type cannot be detected.

Today I just got a message telling me my battery is not a dell battery and to remove it.

Everything on this system is the exact same as the day it left dell. Standard dell 90 Watt power adapter

Payed the extra money for the higher capacity dell battery

For a few months randomly the battery would charge when i un plugged and plugged it back in but now it doesn't even do that. This thing isn't even 3 years old and i'm glued to an outlet. 200 dollars to replace both parts is insane! Anyone have an idea whats wrong here? Magical how this all just stopped working. All my previous experiances with dell have been great but from them delaying the shippment of this thing to all these parts ( Disk drive is shot too but thats obviouslly unrelated) but was just sub standard from what ive come to expect from a reputible company. There was a reason for me building my own system online and not buying a cookie cutter from bestbuy. Apparently I would have been better off with a toshiba.

Any ideas out there guys? Thanks

June 15th, 2012 19:00

Hi,

My name is Ragni and I work for the Social Media and Community Team at Dell.

I understand that you are not happy with dell system because of multiple part issues but I would like to try to resolve the issues before claiming the hardware failure.

After reviewing the problem mentioned it seems that the charger is not getting detected with the computer because of which the battery does not charge.

Let’s update the BIOS which can fix the problem. The requirement for BIOS update is “battery should be at least 10% charged and the charger should be plugged in”.

Link for updating BIOS: - www.dell.com/.../19

Please right click on the battery symbol at the right hand side corner of the screen, and then click on battery health meter. Check what it says there for the Health Meter. This should help us identify if the battery has gone bad or not.

Normally, battery life is as per the computer usage.

Thanks

Dell-Ragni

Dell | Social Media Outreach | Global Social Media & Community

June 15th, 2012 20:00

As per the description the charger and the motherboard seems to be a problem and needs to be replaced. I don’t think battery is the problem.

Please open this link :- www.dell.com/.../dsc_home

Download dell support center and run the custom test on the battery, if it fails then it’s the battery issue and has to be replaced.

Thanks

Dell-Ragni

2 Posts

June 15th, 2012 20:00

No can do battery is at zero percent battery health currently says it cannot be detected ( its the factory dell one I have never had anything but it in the computer) usually I just get a warning when starting that its the wrong power adapter and then about a week after that started once the computer started I get a battery has failed must be replaced message

June 15th, 2012 21:00

• Hi,

Welcome to the Community.

Please follow below mentioned steps:

• Start the computer by pressing the power button.

• Press the F2 key 2-3 times; you will be on BIOS screen.

• Under the Main Tab look for the option that says AC Adapter Type.

• If the Adapter Type says Unknown or None with the adapter Plugged in disconnect the adapter.

• If the adapter status changes to none then reconnect the adapter to the machine and if it shuts down or if the status now shows as Unknown then the AC Adapter needs to be replaced.

You could also check the battery status in Battery health meter option under main tab in bios.

• If the Battery health shows as End Of life then the battery needs to be replaced.

Kindly get back if there are any further queries. Glad to help.

Thanks,

Jaspreet

No Events found!