Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 14th, 2013 22:00

My Dell Download Registeration

I am using win7 , IE9 with .NET4  in Dell Vostro 3550.But I can't Register my system on My Dell Downloads Website.It shows the following Message in IE9.

So Please help me.

Community Manager

• 

3.3K Posts

March 15th, 2013 01:00

Hi kushal,

In order to download the software successfully you need Microsoft .net Framework version 3.5 SP1 as minimum requirement. Since you have .Net 4, there should be no problem in downloading ‘My Dell Downloads’.  Please right click on the IE icon and click ‘Run as Administrator’. The active-X component should be allowed to run.  Next allow to show hidden folders and then delete everything in the apps/2.0 Folder i.e. C:\Users\Customer_Login_Name _ Folder\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0

Please let me know if this helps. Please reply to this post for further assistance.

1 Rookie

• 

17 Posts

March 15th, 2013 11:00

I try  to register system but it says that "service tag is not supported".

I also want to ask you that Which country i have to select?

I am From India & system has been purchased from India.

Thank you for reply me.

Community Manager

• 

3.3K Posts

March 18th, 2013 04:00

Hi kushal,

Since the system is purchased in India, kindly select the same and proceed further.

Revert to this post for further assistance.

1 Rookie

• 

17 Posts

March 18th, 2013 22:00

It is still indicating service tag is not supported.

Please help me.

Community Manager

• 

3.3K Posts

March 19th, 2013 05:00

Hi Kushal,

Since you were not able to register for My Dell Downloads, provide the following information through a private message to assist you further:

System service tag
First and Last name
Country
Language
Browser used and version
E-Mail address
Portal password

Please click on my name and click Start Conversation to send me a private message.

No Events found!