Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 26th, 2015 02:00

My Dell Inspiron N7110 has a red screen at startup and when logged on to windows,red lines like clouds all over the screen.

The screen on my Dell Inspiron N7110 laptop has been really messed up for awhile. When I power on the laptop and it goes to the Windows logo screen,where it used to be a black page with the Windows logo,it is now totally red. From there as it logs in to Windows the screen is filled with red lines,but not straight up and down or side to side lines as if it were a pixel problem,the lines are almost cloud-like and are randomly situated all over the screen. I'm going a little crazy over this because I can't find a fix anywhere. I've tried adjusting every display option available on the laptop. I've downloaded an 'advanced display manager' that was supposed to be the answer to all my problems but wasn't. I've opened up the laptop and checked the connections and that was fine. I've tried manipulating the screen by grabbing on to both sides and twisting the screen ever so gently which actually worked for a short time,but not anymore. Is there somebody,anybody that can give me a heads up on how to fix this situation? I would be forever grateful...

November 27th, 2015 07:00

Hi, 

How does it appear on an external monitor??

Have you tried running diagnostics to rule out any hardware failures??

Regards

2 Posts

November 29th, 2015 12:00

Hi Hema,

Thank you so much for replying to my situation. I have tried hooking my laptop up to an external monitor and it was totally fine. It showed no signs of the red lines at all. Actually,when the external monitor was plugged in to the laptop,the page open on the laptop screen minimized itself and on both sides of the page it was totally red. As for running diagnostics,yes,I have run every diagnostic test available and they all finish with 'pass'. I'm not sure if this helps to assess what's going on,but I had read somewhere online that grabbing both sides of the screen and twisting ever so gently would correct the problem for an indefinite period of time,and it did work,but not for very long. In the article it suggested that if this twisting the screen actually works,then a certain part (I can't remember the what the part was called,nor can I remember where I found this article.) of the LCD was toast and needed replacing. 

I hope this helps...

Thanks,

Dave

December 3rd, 2015 00:00

Looks to be a screen issue.
Does wiggling/swinging the screen makes any difference??
how did display appear during diagnostics?

Regards

No Events found!