Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 21st, 2014 09:00

My Dell N5010 shows a "insert system password" when i reset my BIOS Setting! need help?

i have read your reply here for same question so i want to know if u can help me too

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19492860.aspx

Srvice Tag No. :

DELL INSPIRON N5010

I am owner of my Dell INSPIRON N5010 , but i m not from USA , my computer hanged so my friend just restored its BIOS setting( i am not sure if these are called BIOS, but it happened as: he restarted Laptop, pressed F12 and there he restored settings 
then when it restarted there appeared a black screen in middle of which there is a blue box saying "Insert system password" 

Now i tried looking over internet all over the place 
I found out a few reasonable solutions 

1- remove a battery with motherboard , but for that you need an expert for which my laptop might have to opened which i prefer not to get opened 

2- second provide your service tag(S/N) on dellpasswords.com but that asks for $35 which i think is just too much! 

Now I want if the second one can be done for free or anyother viable solution 
thank you

April 23rd, 2014 14:00

Hi,

Please share the system's Service Tag and Owner's Name and the exact message you get with the code via private message (click my username and then click Start Conversation). I will try and check if a master password can be generated for this to help you reset the password.

1 Message

July 20th, 2016 22:00

I have Dell Inspiron N5010

Service Tag is GWTW5N1

and on booting it demands system password.   

Please help me.

No Events found!