Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 11th, 2013 14:00

My Dell XPS M1530 Isn't Working :( Help!

Hi there,

I'm currently a college student and need my laptop, so this is a bit of a disappointment. I was hoping for some answers on here since computer places around here seem to want to charge a lot more than I want to pay just to look at my laptop.

So here's the story...

My laptop has said for a while now that I need a new battery, but I had just been plugging it into the wall wherever I go to avoid replacing that. I'm assuming it just means the battery that detaches from the outside of the laptop?

So I go to turn on my laptop a couple of days ago and it doesn't turn on.

Here is exactly what it does:

I plug the charger into the laptop then press the button to turn it on.

It does turn on, the fan starts to rotate for approximately 5 seconds then it stops and the laptop just turns off.

Nothing ever appears on the screen, it's black the entire 5 seconds or so.

So any ideas anyone? It turns on for like 5 seconds then just turns off :( Hopefully someone can help me out here.

1.5K Posts

July 11th, 2013 15:00

Hi osubuckeye08,

I would suggest you to drain the residual power from the laptop:

• Disconnect any external peripherals (flash drives, printers, external hard drives) from the computer
  • Then remove the adapter
  • Remove the battery
  • Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds
  • Reconnect the battery and the adapter

You may try to turn on the system just on AC adapter after removing the battery. Please ensure the charger port is not loose. You may try another AC adapter, if possible.

Keep me posted with the results. I will be glad to assist further.

July 11th, 2013 16:00

Dell-Amogh G,

I have already tried those options and they did not work unfortunately.

I just decided  to take it to a laptop repair store to have them check it out. Should have the diagnostics done by tomorrow hopefully.

Thanks for the reply though, I appreciate it.

1.5K Posts

July 15th, 2013 17:00

Hi osubuckeye08,

Thank you for the response. I hope the laptop gets in working condition as soon as possible.

Please feel free to reply for any questions. I will be glad to assist you.

No Events found!