Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 23rd, 2013 21:00

My Inspiron 15 won't turn on

I'm having problems with my laptop. I bought it July 18, 2013. At first the power would take like a minute to turn on, I thought that was normal so I saw nothing wrong with it. Then it wouldn't turn on, I looked online for some answers. Found one that told me to remove the battery and hold the power button for about 30 seconds to reset the RAM. That worked for a bit. Recently I would have to repeat that process a few times. I got it to turn on Sunday 9/22 but today on the 23 it won't turn on. I've tried for an hour to get it to turn on by resetting the RAM. I've tried plugging it into the charger, the green light on the charger appears but the charging light on the laptop doesn't. I don't know if there's something else I should try, if its something I might have done to it or I just have a defective laptop. I unfortunately don't have a warranty on it , but if you could tell me how much it will cost I will be sure to get it ASAP. Thank you for any help you might give me.

2 Posts

August 1st, 2015 19:00

Yo Dell dude -- I followed your advice to test a diagnostic power up.  Diagnostics ran fine -- laptop went to reboot and then shut back down.  Will not power up on diagnostics again.  Mine is an Inspiron model 5110 -- bought it in late months of 2012.  Always been happy with my Dell -- this is the first real problem I have had --

Diagnostic test noted only one problem -- battery out .... as you advised.

Any other suggestions ?

September 1st, 2015 07:00

I have a dell inspiron n5110 will not turn on. With battery in nothing. With battery out and plugged in it three beeps and shuts off. The left hinge is broken. And it was dropped. Any saving it?

1 Message

September 8th, 2015 18:00

9/10 you can solve problems by reseating the ram module. Take the ram card out and put it back in.

1 Message

November 6th, 2015 17:00

This Insprion is a complete piece of ***.  It takes all kind of finagling to get it to power on.  Now today, it just decided to not power on at all despite it being on the power cord all freakin day long.  When I plug the power cord in, one light flashes in the front but dies out within a second.  I dumped all of my information onto this sorry-assed laptop and now it is dead.  I've been a great, unofficial rep for Dell.  I tell all of my consulting customer to buy Dell but now I can't get anyone to even talk to me.  Never again Dell.  You ***!!!!

1 Message

November 15th, 2015 02:00

I also have a problem with my Dell Inspiron 3541 I bought online about 6 six months, I upgradede to windows 10 and two weeks after then while I'm working on it just like I do everyday, It just turn off itself while I'm sill working, at first I thought it was the baterry cause it was remaining 25% but plug the charge to an outlet and tried to power it it refuses to power, it only loads to the Dell logo page and then turn itself of again and after some secodes I get this 3 beeps that keeps sounding endlessly until I pull out the battery. Please what do I do, this my first experience with dell.

2 Posts

November 15th, 2015 10:00

I have an Inspiron that did the same thing after I ran the Windows auto update  -- take the battery out and unplug the power cord.  Hold down the power button and while holding it plug in the power cord.  The computer should power up to a diagnostics function -- run this function and see if a windows repair function runs.  You might have to repeat this process a couple times ...but this fixed my problems.  A Dell tech posted this info several months back.

1 Message

November 20th, 2015 06:00

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3521, Service Tag (S/N) J7D3QX1, it won come on. when I turn power button on, power on light comes on, fan runs and a continuous beep sound...

Please advise the solution

3 Posts

December 26th, 2015 07:00

My Inspirion 15 (l15RV-6190) won't even get to the BIOS screen.  I took the battery out and held the power button for 30 seconds and when I reconnect the power supply the power light comes on for a few seconds and the switches off for a few seconds a few times before finally staying on.  I tried swapping the memory chips and reseating the hard drive  The screen stays completely black and there is no sound.  Please help.  Thanks.

2 Posts

January 17th, 2016 13:00

I have the INSP 7568 and I cannot find the battery or how to find the reset button.

Please help I purchased it late fall I think n if the mother board has to bend replaced after such a short time then I want another machine.

I have never had one bit of trouble with Dell at home or work but it will not turn on now n was charged all night.

Power box indicates power although maybe another part of power like the switch is dead.

I am an accounting professor we have four dell laptops at home 2 dell notebooks at home 2 dell printers at home n 2 new desktops at work.

Also Microsoft charged me  $750 to clean malwere in the hardware even though I have the best extended warranty from Dell available then -  I had turned it on less than 5 times when the

Trojan malware virus message from MDFT locked my screen n keyboard only to be informed by Dell that my expensive Dell  warranty only covered SW not HW.

Expensive concierge service via Dell equally useless.

Please help!!!

Dr. Lucy

February 22nd, 2016 04:00

I'm Happy you had yours fixed. Here's my thoughts about those folks whom don't have a chance with the Dell junk like myself. I have two Dell devices that the motherboard are toast. The first is a 

Latitude ST

and the second is this junk which I purchased for my child in school.

Inspiron 3531

The 15" Laptop was purchased new online and worked great for about a year and a month. I reloaded Windows when it first started to happen thinking it was not coming out of sleep. Well after reading here I would say it may need a board. The funny thing is the Dell ST tablet is the same way? HMMM I see a pattern here! The internet is littered with folks having the same issues as we are on this thread. I feel Dell is aware of the issue and needs to take care of those folks that purchased these items. What do you think? Sorry about the  but I use pc's all day and in my 43 years I never had two pc's same brand different models same supplier have the same issues. Please feel feel to search the internet because this is not just me. Google for the Dell st tablet and the Inspiron 3531 issues they are the mother board 95% of the time. I guess I'm done now with the  and with Dell anything.

No Events found!