Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 17th, 2013 07:00

My Inspiron N5110 Won't Turn On---At All

Problems started a few days ago, the computer would just suddenly go to black--no error messages or any sort of warning, just suddenly turned off--while I was using it, and wouldn't turn on. I tried taking the battery out and putting it back in, that worked at first--the laptop would turn on. But then it would happen again. After a while of doing this, the computer just wouldn't turn on at all.

Seems likely that this is some sort of hardware/power issue. My warranty has long since expired, so before I run out and get a new computer I just wanted to see if there might be some easy fixes--new power cord? New battery? Any ideas?

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

November 17th, 2013 08:00

Remove the battery, unplug the system and hold the power button for 30 sec.  Verify that the LED on the AC adapter is ON before you plug in the notebook side.  If it's not, the adapter is bad.

If it's on, plug the system into the adapter and try booting.  If you get nothing, unplug again, remove and reinsert both memory modules (under the cover on the bottom of the system).

If you can get the system to power up, insert the battery and try again - if it will without but not with the battery, the battery is bad.

If it still won't power up with a good adapter, the mainboard is likely bad.

No Events found!