Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 5th, 2014 08:00

My Nags and sggestions of the Dell Precision m6700 k4000m

I just got a new Dell precision m6700 with Nvidia K4000m Graphics card.

NAGS.

1- touch pad and pointstcick

a- buttons have the same smooth texture as the rest of the keyboard which make it difficult to tell which my finger/thumb is on

Solution - Add different texture to each of the buttons so that i can feel the buttons

DIY- use cut to size tapes

b - touchpad is too close to the pointstick buttons as pressing the buttons always move the mouse slightly

Solution - add more options to the Dell touchpad settings and lower the trackpad & buttons down to the lower edge.

c- Accupoint Freezes/pauses while typing. There are no solutions to this and dell customer service recently refused to help me with this.

The options are very limited in Dell Touchpad setting and i couldnt get around this restriction even in regedit.

I absolutely need the accupoint working in conjunction with the keyboard for game controll, photoshop etc

Solution for Dell - More controlls in Dell Touchpad Driver.

3. Light Indicators ( charging, Bluetooth, Volume, Activity) are too bright. There are no options to lower the brightnesss

4- Keyboard

a- whats the point of a backlit keyboard if ii dont look at the keyboard while typing, Add textures and dot bumps on the keyboard so i can feel what im typing

No Responses!
No Events found!