Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

August 12th, 2015 05:00

My left screen hinge broke and new problems started

So I was opening my Inspiron N4030 laptop only to find the left screen hinge broke already and there was rattling sounds inside of my laptop; so in a moment of frustration, I opened up my laptop to remove the hinges only to find out that it was worse than I thought: the steel piece broke off along with the screw and the pieces are trapped everywhere in the laptop. I managed to remove it (cleaning my cooling system in the process as well) but there is a new problem: my laptop won't turn on. It was on for about a second (the screen didn't even turn on) and the laptop would shut itself off. It would then repeat that process indefinitely (turning on and off). Could someone let me know what is going on and can I fix this myself? Thank you for your help

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 13th, 2015 03:00

Hi ,

Thank you for writing to us!

From the description that you have provided we really cant determine the issue considering the system is broken physically.Any kind of troubleshooting would be at rick as we would not if there are any internal physical parts are damaged.

We can suggest an Out of warranty repair.

Kindly provide the system service tag and current location on the system via Private message.

Thanks

Robin

No Events found!