Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 26th, 2013 19:00

N5050, Will not power on...

N5050, Will not power on...after the charger is plugged in the steady light turns off?

1.3K Posts

February 26th, 2013 20:00

Hi roygbiv007,

I suspect this could be a motherboard issue however try removing the Battery, the AC Adapter and any other devices connected to the system. Press and hold the power button continuously for 30 seconds to release the Flea Power and then try to switch on the system with the battery and adapter connected.

Also try with a known good Adapter and if the issue persists consider replacing the motherboard.

You could check your system warranty details from the below link.

http://dell.to/Mbe3zg

Kindly revert to me if the system is under warranty, else you could contact the Out of warranty support on 1-800-288-4410. (US Region). If you belong to a different region, please let me know.

4 Posts

February 26th, 2013 21:00

Thanks for the reply, but no luck still dead and yes it's still under warranty

4 Posts

February 27th, 2013 06:00

Still waiting to hear back from you  as I stated earlier the laptop is under warranty  what now are we waiting  for?  

4 Posts

February 27th, 2013 19:00

This forum appears to be ineffective  in resolving  any issues? Why waste ones time if you don't monitor this forum?

1.3K Posts

February 27th, 2013 20:00

Hi roygbiv007,

I apologize for the delayed response. Kindly private message the system details through a private message.

I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide system’s Service Tag so I may check the region/country from where the system was purchased and assist you accordingly. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message.

No Events found!