Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 8th, 2012 06:00

N5110 Bios setup password locked. :(

Hello every one,

Few days ago i set a admin password on my laptop Bios and now i forget that password is there any way to unlock my Bios setup?

I contacted the re-seller form which i bought this laptop but they say they are unable to generate any kind of master password to unlock Bios . but they say they can try unlocking by removing Bios CMOS cell from Motherboard but m afraid of loosing or crashing of my Bios. so can any one help me here on this issue how can i unlock my Bios????

I also tried every combination or every password i think i just set but please help me what can i do on this issue???

Waiting for a good and positive response against this thread.

Regards,

Saqib

11 Posts

September 12th, 2012 11:00

Mr. Rakesh

All i know is that my Service tag is also my system id and may b it's unique so it can help you may be.

Express Service Code : Express service code removed per privacy policy>

September 11th, 2012 11:00

Hi saqi_91,

Please help me with your system ID and the system service tag, which will be seen on the BIOS screen. If you do not get the system ID, try entering an incorrect password multiple times and you will see the System ID.

Please revert with this information for us to provide you with a master password.

Thanks & Regards
Rakesh R
#iworkfordell

11 Posts

September 12th, 2012 10:00

Mr rakesh,

first of all thank you very much for replying towards my thread.

i didn't find any system id any where i tried entering wrong password many time in admin password tab but got no id. then i tried setting system password when i enter wrong system password three times but p.c got shut down. so i didn't got any system id. but i got some other id's and m sending them.

system service tag :- Service tag removed per privacy policy>

CPU id :- 206a7

BIOS version :- AO9

11 Posts

September 13th, 2012 15:00

Hello

Dell Community did not allow me to post my service tag or identification data. so in this way i am unable to give you that data.

11 Posts

September 13th, 2012 16:00

Thanks ejn63

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

September 13th, 2012 16:00

You need to send it to the Dell representative by private message -- not to the forum.

Click on the name and then send the information privately.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

September 21st, 2012 04:00

Hi saqi_91,

Please private message me the ‘Service tag’ and ‘Code’. Given below is the picture which illustrates on where the Service tag and code is located:

I have added you as my friend in the Dell community forum. Please send me a private message with the system service tag and the code. I will check for the details and provide further assistance.

Awaiting for your reply.

1 Message

December 21st, 2012 11:00

Hello Please could you help me my laptop is a Dell Inspiron N5110, has blocked the BIOS at boot time, the Service TAG: Service tag removed per privacy policy> and my service is expres: Express service code removed per privacy policy>

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

December 21st, 2012 16:00

You need to call Dell (the pay-for-support line).  Once you pay for a support call and verify your ownership of the system, they'll help you remove the password.

1 Message

December 23rd, 2012 10:00

e-mail me on   Email id removed per privacy policy> for direction and help

February 27th, 2013 21:00

Mi laptop esta bloqueado en el setup como puedo desnloquear

1 Message

March 8th, 2013 05:00

Hello every one,

Few days ago i set a admin password on my laptop Bios and now i forget that password is there any way to unlock my Bios setup?

I contacted the re-seller form which i bought this laptop but they say they are unable to generate any kind of master password to unlock Bios . but they say they can try unlocking by removing Bios CMOS cell from Motherboard but m afraid of loosing or crashing of my Bios. so can any one help me here on this issue how can i unlock my Bios????

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

March 8th, 2013 05:00

You need to have the registered owner transfer the system into your name so you can call Dell for the master password.

Removing the CMOS battery will NOT remove the password.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 5th, 2013 07:00

Dear, " " is my dell Inspiron n5110 service tag for my bios password reset. My pc stuck, please help me Regards, Ali

August 19th, 2013 05:00

I forgot my bios admin password ? how can i remove my password??? My Laptop is Dell Inspiron n5110.

No Events found!