Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 2nd, 2011 00:00

N5110 TouchPad Scroll/Pinch Zoom not working

Hi Guys, 

I just bought Dell Inspiron n5110 with Windows 7, it's a great Machine but i am facing an issue with it's touchpad, the prob is i can't install it's driver properly. i downloaded it's driver from Dell website and some others as well but it shows a message "the driver was not installed successfully" The touchpad is working without driver but Scroll and Pinch Zooming is not working. Can anyone help with this one that i can i get the scroll and other features work by instaling some other software? Also i dont know how to lock it's TouchPad, there is no button.

Please HELP!!!

Thanks in advance!

3.8K Posts

August 2nd, 2011 06:00

HI Qaisar,

Welcome to the Community. Click on start, right click on Computer, click on properties, click on the device manager, click on the + symbol next to pointing devices, right click on Alps touchpad and click on uninstall. After you uninstall use the below link to install the touchpad driver.

Hope this helps.

Thank you

Royan

13 Posts

August 2nd, 2011 12:00

Thanks a lot Royan! This worked finally :)

Thanks again!

June 7th, 2012 12:00

Sir, Is this compatible with windows 7. I am using Dell N1510 with windows 7 can I use for this OS also?

1 Message

September 5th, 2012 03:00

Hi Royan,

Can you pls share this link for the touch pad driver of DELL N5110 again as the page is showing this message

We're sorry...
Details for this driver are currently unavailable. Please try again later.
I will be thankful to you.
Thanks & Regards
Umair Ahmed

1 Message

April 23rd, 2013 20:00

hello sir i hv same  inspiron n 5110.... n my touch pad is not scrroling n pointer not moving softly... so plz help me n send me perfct driver...

4 Operator

• 

3.1K Posts

April 24th, 2013 03:00

Hi Kothiyal,

You may download and install the touchpad driver from the link mentioned below.

Windows 7: http://dell.to/11jHaT8 
Windows 8: http://dell.to/11c67jw

Let me know in case you need any further assistance.

April 18th, 2014 02:00

Hey Thanks Kothiyal. Your comments reference helped a lot!!!

No Events found!