Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 24th, 2013 02:00

N5110 Won't start using battery.

Hi there.

I have a Dell N5110 and for some reason it has suddenly stopped starting when only the battery is in place. Nothing happens when you press the start button, no lights, no beeps nothing its just like its dead.

If i plug in the ac adapter and take the battery out it will start, and if i then replace the battery and take out the ac adapter it will stay on and works fine. Also if i re-boot the laptop with the battery in place and ac adapter out it will start again fine. But then later in the day or next morning it goes back to not starting.

When the battery and ac adapter are both in the laptop it shows that it is charging.

The battery seems to have a full charge in it.

I have done the flea power thing but it still won't start after a few hours / next day.

I have run the diagnostic using the F2 key when booting up and it comes back to everything been OK with laptop. I have also ran the Dell diagnostics on the battery and motherboard and they come back fine as well.

The laptop was working fine before this and there is no flashing lights or sounds and the light on the ac adapter is lit when plugged into the mains and also when its in the back of the laptop.

Has anyone any ideas of what else i can try or what the issue maybe??

Thanks

October 24th, 2013 02:00

Hi Hubbly,

I’d be glad to assist you regarding the same, I appreciate your technical expertise as you’ve tried all the troubleshooting steps.

1. Please get into the BIOS of your computer by tapping the F2 and let us know the status of AC Adapter and Battery, do capture any error message as such.
2. Please also try swapping with a known good battery if available.

Let us know your findings.

2 Posts

October 24th, 2013 12:00

Hi

Thank you for replying.

So i got into the BIOS and i couldn't see any error messages.

The ac adapter just said 90W and i couldn't see anything to do with the battery.

Maybe i've gone into the wrong thing ?

Thanks

October 27th, 2013 07:00

Hi Hubbly,

Thank you for your response, as the AC Adapter is detected and it looks fine on your system as per the BIOS detected you may consider replacing the battery as battery might be at its end of life. You might try swapping a known good battery from a friend to check if that resolves the issue and if in case both the batteries are fine then it might be the issue with the Motherboard.

Let us know if this helps.

No Events found!