Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 2nd, 2014 16:00

N7110 Bios A13 not loading

Today i tried to update my laptop to latest a13 bios, update completed without troubles, but it won't start only showing dell image any suggestions?

July 2nd, 2014 22:00

Hi Reaper38,

Welcome to the community

We are sorry for the inconvinence caused. We can try a couple of steps and check if it works.

1. Disconnected all external peripherals ( ex: USB drive, network cable, remove CD from the optical drive etc) and try starting the system

2. Request you to remove both battery as well as charger and press and hold the power button on the system for 15 seconds to relased the residual power and try starting it.

I would suggest you to run hardware diagnostics on the system for hardware functionality, by following the steps below:

• Reboot and press to enter the Boot Menu
  • When the boot device list appears, highlight ‘Diagnostics’ and press
  • The computer begins to run the ‘Pre-boot System Assessment’, a series of embedded diagnostics that perform initial testing on your system board, keyboard, hard drive, and display
  • In case any hardware component is bad, you will get a corresponding error

You may reset the BIOS to defaults. Please follow the steps below:

• Power on the system and tap at the ‘Dell’ logo
  • Press on the ‘System Setup Utility’ screen and then press ‘Enter’
  • Press and press again

Keep me posted with the results. I will be glad to assist.

4 Posts

July 3rd, 2014 02:00

Hello, Mohammed

I cannot load setup or boot menu laptop just reboots when i press f2 or f12

July 4th, 2014 01:00

Hi Reaper38,

Please disconnected all external peripherals. Request you to remove both battery as well as charger and press and hold the power button on the system for 15 seconds to relased the residual power and try starting it.

I would suggest you to run hardware diagnostics on the system for hardware functionality, by following the steps below:

• Reboot and press to enter the Boot Menu.

4 Posts

July 4th, 2014 04:00

Hello, Mohammed

I already done it but nothing helped, is there any other ways to downgrade bios to default value?

Exept service center.

July 5th, 2014 00:00

Hi Reaper38,

In this case you can revert back to the default BIOS by either performing system restore or factory restore.

Warning: Restoring your computer to the factory settings will remove all files and programs except those it came with. You will lose all personal files, including photos, emails and programs, if you do not back up your files and data.

Before you restore system to factory setting I suggest you to try system restore. If it works then ignore factory restore.

http://dell.to/1xuOexo  (System restore)

http://dell.to/1qym3Kd  (Factory restore) 

Please reply us back with your findings.

1 Message

July 5th, 2014 03:00

you have to update and install drive firmware first, then make the iso image, then it should bombard you with a bunch of install and driver update windows...like 30!

mine just finished and its working great so far...(knocking on wood)

4 Posts

July 7th, 2014 07:00

Okey, one more time.

I cannot load any filmware updates, any system restore, any menues, including bootmenu and bios setup,

my laptop when i start it shows dell startup image then reboots in endless loop.

I tried all Mohammeds tips, disconnecting everything taking out battery but laptop still shows me dell startup logo then reboots, even when i press f2,f12, ctrl+f11, system menu button.

It is not hardware failure, it started when i updated bios from OFFICIALL dell site.

Question is how to overide bios and downgrade it to version A04, which is default for laptop?

July 8th, 2014 20:00

Hi Reaper38,

Dell does not support BIOS downgrade. BIOS downgrades seem to present a "real challenge" to DELL SUPPORT - downgrades are not routine or common.  Perhaps deeper than their typical problem. 

However you try this link http://dell.to/1zo8OS6 (Downgrade BIOS method). If you have any further queries please feel free to reach out to us.

No Events found!