Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 20th, 2016 16:00

N7110 Win7 correct bluetooth driver

After replacing my HDD and reinstalling Win7, my bluetooth no longer works. I have no icon in the system tray. When I use the system detect tool, it gave me seven files to choose from. Under network (16 files), 7 choices included bluetooth. Not sure how to narrow it down.

Here is my original configuration, according to the support site:

If anyone could help me out, I'd really appreciate it. If you need my service tag, please let me know.

Thanks!

-David

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

April 20th, 2016 16:00

Install the chipset driver first - then reboot:

< >

Then install the drivers for your wifi/bluetooth card - it's the  Dell Wireless 1702 card:

< >

Then reboot and you should have wireless network and bluetooth again.

11 Posts

April 20th, 2016 17:00

Followed your steps. Upon installing the bluetooth driver, it gave me the options to modify, repair or uninstall. I chose repair. During the process I got a bluescreen and restart. Should I uninstall, restart, and reinstall?

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

April 20th, 2016 19:00

Is this a case where other drivers were installed for wireless cards other than the 1702 in the system?

11 Posts

April 20th, 2016 19:00

That's very likely, as I didn't know which to install, so I probably installed all of them. Stupid move, I know.

Update: I was stuck in a blue screen restart loop. Had to restart into safe mode, where I uninstalled the driver. Restarted, tried to install, keep getting an error. Installed in safe mode, blue screen restart loop again. Uninstalled in safe mode again.

Are you thinking I have a conflicting driver installed? I have the following drivers in my Dell folder:

CWWRT

5HH24

0PDK4

9HCC0

R294157

JTDY2

R311883

PTRYM

DMVX3

R309690

0T0GT

R299707

1C7HC

T4VF6

R307442

9VGYR

X4R87

Would you be able to tell if any of them conflict?

Update to the update: So, I can install and restart in safe mode, and my internet works. If I try to boot normally, I end up in blue screen error restart again. So basically I get to choose between safe mode with internet, or normal with no internet. Currently in safe mode so I can talk to you. Please advise!

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

April 21st, 2016 05:00

It's impossible to tell - but very likely you've installed a mess of conflicting drivers.  Go back and reload Windows - and if WIndows 7, be sure you load SP1.  THEN install the chipset driver (actually drivers, as there are about five of them).  Reboot and reinstall just the correct network driver.  That should take care of the issue.

11 Posts

April 21st, 2016 17:00

If I can tell you exactly what I have downloaded, can you tell me what to uninstall?

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

April 22nd, 2016 05:00

Unfortunately, uninstalling is unlikely to work even if you do know what you've installed -- unless you know the exact order in which you tried the installs.  If you do, back them out one at a time.  Even then, there's no guarantee.  It's better to start over and to the installs correctly.

No Events found!