This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 28th, 2017 19:00

NEW Dell Inspiron 15 5577, bad performance, lacking

Hi,

Just bought the Inspiron 15 5577.

Updated everything (incl. Bios)

It totally LACKS in Google Chrome with 3 tabs open, one of them youTube.

The most sad part about, I am not the only one with exactly the same problem

1 Rookie

• 

14 Posts

September 8th, 2017 20:00

Yo, Guys. I Had The Same Problem.. Then I Switched Chrome To Run Over Dadicated Graphics Using Nvdia Control Panal.. And The Problem Was Fixed..  And After Doing That, Clear Chrome Full History & Cache.. I Don't Even Own SSD.. Check My Speed Here drive.google.com/.../view

Here's My Youtube Guide Link https://goo.gl/Vey8rJ . After Doing This, Just Clear All Chrome Data And It'd Be Fine

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

May 30th, 2017 11:00

:emotion-2:

I'd suggest you try another browser such as Microsoft Edge and see if the problems occur. I also suggest you reset Chrome and see if that will make a difference.

5 Posts

May 30th, 2017 16:00

Thanks for your suggestion

I reinstalled Chrome, and I know how to reset it too. Same issue, and the worst part about it, I am not the only one!! There are many with precise same problem. This is a Dell (Nvidia) problem

For a new laptop not running Chrome? - I'm an android user, and I have used Chrome (with add-ons) the last 8 years on every PC you can put power on.. I'm not interested in using Edge, and certainly not interested in searching for browser's that will work in 2017

Well, I just forget why I pay more for a Macbook...Have NEVER had stupid issues like this.

This is the worst money I have ever spent. The screen *** too.......

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

June 1st, 2017 08:00

I suggested you try another browser to check if the problems occurred in it. I wasn't suggesting you make Microsoft Edge as your default browser. If there were no problems in Microsoft Edge (or any other browser other then Chrome) then the issue is with one or some of add-ons that Chrome installed on the system.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

I'm assuming you installed the Video drivers (Nvidia and Intel Graphics drivers) from your Dell Product Support page.....

Please type Device Manager onto search box, stroll down to Display Adapters and then expand it. Right click each drivers and then update them. Hopefully problem is fix now.

If problem still isn't fix, I suggest you check for the latest Nvidia and Intel Graphic drivers in the links below

Note: Create a restore point before installing any drivers from the websites. Type Create A Restore Point onto search box,....

Download Drivers | NVIDIA

Drivers & Software - Intel Download Center

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

Lastly, click on the link below, hopefully it will be a help as well.

Advanced Slow Performance Troubleshooting | Dell US

5 Posts

June 1st, 2017 23:00

Btw - Thanks for your time and help !!! I appreciate that a lot !

5 Posts

June 1st, 2017 23:00

I did everything...(the Intel graphics is "changed" by Dell, and you cannot use default Intel driver)

I went through all device drivers - "seached for new drivers online"...there where quite a lot of new drivers, like "system firmware 1.0.1) (what is the Dell update for?)

Went to Intel and downloaded driver update utility

Installed Nvidia driver (the right one!) from Nvidia own download page.

- I removed "Use hardware acc. when available" from Chrome, with the consequence, that I cannot load some webpages correct, but it helped some with the lagging..specially youTube.....I removed and reset Chrome, but without any effect.

Listen, when I type a text - IT LAGS !!!!!! WTFFFFFFFF

I just want to say. I am VERY disappointed, that I have to sit here use my time and troubleshot a brand new PC from Dell ! That is a VERY bad product testing from this company.

2 Posts

June 2nd, 2017 17:00

I have the same problems. This is the worst computer I have ever *** bought. *** is this ***. I am returning this pile of *** asap.

Edit: So, I fixed my issues. If you bought the most basic model with the 5400rpm hdd, its whats causing the problems. Its transfer rates are so slow that its always running at 100% to get things done. I replaced it with an ssd and installed a clean version of windows and it works flawlessly now. Dell should not have even sold these laptops with those hdds. I think theres something wrong with the stock hdd because its slower than any other 5400 rpm hdd i have ever used. A laptop should work flawlessly out of the box. Dell needs to address these issues because they'll start seeing more negative feedback where it can be easily avoided. 

5 Posts

June 4th, 2017 07:00

No fix...My version IS with a SSD.....But it is a hynix, and not the best brand in the world, what I have read and heard...Anyway, I have had this laptop for one month, it lags (when typing!!??) in Chrome - Dell suggest I reinstall, and run tests, like I was born yesterday - Worst brand in the world. My first and for sure my last disaster Dell - I did everything the asked me, and on their useless support page.

July 17th, 2017 16:00

Too bad laptop

I have sold my old hp i3 laptop and even i took a lone to buy this bad inspiron 15 core I5 laptop, you can imagine when i right clicked to open AMD settings it was not responding and i logged out my account at win 10 os and logged again so that i can open AMD setting.

Seriously i regretted to buy this bad laptop

July 17th, 2017 17:00

with hp i3 i was transferring data between hard disks, flash memory....,etc with a speed of 24 Mbyte/second.

And now with this so bad inspiron 15 core i5 it still transferring at this rate or higher a little bit may be two mega bytes what benefit have i when i bought this laptop?

1 Message

August 25th, 2017 07:00

I am also facing these problems

3 Posts

November 15th, 2017 01:00

I have the exact same issue. Performance is slow, chrome scrolling pages is worst than my 6 year laptop. Opening any video makes the laptop stutter. Can't Dell find out exactly what is causing it? I suspect a clean install without any of Dell's software will fix it.

No Events found!