Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

June 15th, 2015 01:00

Need bios latitude files(NOT APPLICATION TO GAIN FILES, IT WILL GIVE ERROR)

As the title says, i need the bios files for my dell laptop that is in a factory reset state. meaning i cant download the file on there to get it. The laptop im using now is not a dell so i cannot run the application of the bios driver to gain the files to put on my usb so i can run the installation of windows 8 for my laptop. it says "no sign drivers are there" pretty much saying i dont have the bios on my usb so please and thank you. Sendspace., megaupload, a torrent, any is fine. 

http://puu.sh/ilrQ6/1a15133f3c.png

http://puu.sh/ilrO9/da4c192648.png

1.8K Posts

June 17th, 2015 13:00

Hi,

Not sure I really understand what you're saying.  The BIOS files are executable files so you should be able to download them, just not actually run them on whatever system you're using to access the downloads.

You may want to read this article on the Dell Diagnostics Deployment utility and creating a bootable USB drive to deploy the BIOS updates.  

If I'm totally misunderstanding your issue please let me know.  But as far as I know you can, and I have done so, download the BIOS executable files to another system and deploy that file to the Dell system.

Todd

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

June 18th, 2015 08:00

What you likely have is an OEM copy of Windows 8 from some other manufacturer - Acer, Lenovo, etc.

It's looking for the Acer, Lenovo, etc., information - it's not looking for a BIOS update from Dell.

You either need to purchase a set of recovery media from Dell or a full retail copy of Windows 8 with a valid license key.

This situation  has absolutely nothing to do with a BIOS update on your current system.

6 Posts

June 18th, 2015 08:00

Well when i try to get my windows 8 installed on it, i get a error saying its missing the signed driver or something around those lines. Which means it doesn't have my laptop's Bios driver/files on the USB. Think of this is bootleg per say lol messed up in the past with this laptop and i sorta bought it off someone lol. The thing is i cant get the files lol cause i have to run that dang Bios application, but it wont let me xD.

4 Operator

• 

5.2K Posts

June 18th, 2015 13:00

A BIOS update is usually not needed to do an OS update, just some of the drivers.

No Events found!