Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 24th, 2012 23:00

Need help installing sm bus controller and network controller

Im trying to install sm bus controller and network controller but can find drivers by internet and even can install manually from my utilities cd.

Not sure if i have the correct drivers but i tried all the drivers from dell website with tag number.

Please help i cant connect wifi :(, what i need to do??.

3.8K Posts

June 25th, 2012 01:00

Hi,

Welcome to the Community. Please add your system model and OS when posting on the forum. Did you just reinstall Windows? If you have, then you need to install the drivers in the correct order, or some devices may not install correctly. Start off by installing the Notebook system software. Use the below link for help.

support.dell.com/.../document

If you are using the drivers and utilites disc to install the drivers, then you will have a check mark next to the drivers that your need to install, follow the order given above to install them.

Thank you

1 Rookie

• 

29 Posts

June 25th, 2012 06:00

i made a windows new installation, then if i installed the drivers in a wrong order do i have to reinstall windows again to begin?

Dell inspiron n5110 i5, windows 7 64 bit service pack 1

3.8K Posts

June 25th, 2012 06:00

Hi,

Not necessary to reinstall windows again. However follow the above link to start installing them correctly, if its already installed it will give you a message, saying you are using the latest version.

Thank you

1 Rookie

• 

29 Posts

June 25th, 2012 08:00

Men thanks a lot , you are my god.  done!!

September 14th, 2013 15:00

which above link?  My system is XPS 8500, need to install SM bus.

September 14th, 2013 15:00

I have installed all the drivers, but SM bus is not installed.  How do I install SMbus please, do I have to uninstall everything and reinstall?

Phil Stilliard

No Events found!