Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 30th, 2009 07:00

Need instructions for replacing a W2600 inverter board

My W2600's inverter board died and now that I have a new board I'm looking for instructions on how to make the switch. :emotion-40:

Thank you,

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

June 30th, 2009 07:00

Dell and Most all other TV makers do not provide such information.

Dell™ W2600 26" LCD TV Documentation

http://support.ap.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/W2600/

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

June 30th, 2009 17:00

From a quick survey, the part is just not available - however, there are rebuild options:

http://www.lcdpartsandrepair.com/inverter2.html

June 30th, 2009 17:00

1)Bad inverter boards are a known issue with this model Dell "W2600". Just check these boards to see the number of issues posted for these sets.

2) Local service centers won't fix this Dell TV because they can't get parts or they can't get instructions.

3)There are repair instructions for other Dell products, including monitors and TV, on these boards so is not completely correct to state that "Dell and Most all other TV makers do not provide such information."

I did not think that Dell was like "Most" other makers of anything. I always thought Dell was better.

July 1st, 2009 02:00

Thank you for your response. I do however already have a new board, it was available through ShopJimmy.com for $79. What I am looking for is the instructions on how to replace it.

Thanks again,

DSF

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

July 1st, 2009 04:00

For that, you're on your own - very few companies publish repair manuals for free for television sets.  The inverter is usually located behind the screen itself, so that's the place to start looking.

July 1st, 2009 17:00

The inverter is usually located behind the screen itself, so that's the place to start looking.

OK, that's better than starting to burrow in through the backside of the set.

What I was really hoping for was a response from a Dell Rep because they do have the instructions for the inverter replacement for a !7" LCD posted but it is from a different OEM or if someone knew a website where service manuals might be found for older sets. 

No Events found!