Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 3rd, 2013 09:00

Network Driver not re-installing, and Windows 8 problems

Hello. I recently got a copy of Windows 8, which I tried to install onto my Dell Inspiron N5110. In order to do so it had to uninstall my network driver. After getting to a point where it looked like Windows 8 was installed, it went to a black screen. I left it like that for a hours to see if it would do anything but it did not. I tried again to see if it it was a one time error, but it was not.

It automatically reverted to Windows 7, but now I didn't have a network driver. I used the CD which came with my laptop to attempt re-installing the driver, but it would not install for some reason. I know I would need a different version of the driver if I had Windows 8, but it didn't properly install. I'm not sure id this is a problem with my laptop, the CD, or something I'm doing wrong. Thanks in advance for any help.

Also this is my first post so if I did something wrong please let me know.

January 4th, 2013 09:00

After a lot of searching, I finally found the right driver. Thank you for your time.

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

January 3rd, 2013 10:00

Hi laggylaptop,

Use the link below to download the network driver for windows 7.

http://dell.to/VyYKlj

Please do reply for further assistance.

January 3rd, 2013 11:00

It does not seem to have done anything, as I still cannot access the internet and I never got a message saying the driver was installed. I have gone into the folder where it put the driver files and used the setup.exe, which looked like it was successful, but still nothing was different even after a restart.

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

January 4th, 2013 10:00

Hi laggylaptop,

I am glad that the issue is fixed, please share the driver details with us it will be very helpful.         

No Events found!