Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 7th, 2015 13:00

New Dell Inspiron 15, 3000 series, laptop "squeals" when start typing...

Hello:

I don't know if this has ever been addressed but in my brief search here I did not see this topic. Anyway, I have a Dell Inspiron 15, 3000 Series Windows 7 Pro laptop that is only several months old. Lately, and I don't know exactly when it began, the laptop makes a quick and single "squealing" sound whenever I begin typing anything in any program right after starting up the machine.  As far as I can tell it only does this once after the first few keystrokes are entered on the keypad.  I have not experienced it doing it after that first event on initial startup but the noise is very startling and annoying.  I even turned all sound off and set Windows Sound profile to None yet it still does it.  It's like someone stepping on some kids squeaky toy.  I have at present 3 other Dell computers and used to have a fourth, another Dell laptop.  One I have is an 11 year old Dell Desktop (the one I am on now) and I have a newer Dell desktop I am gradually moving over to.  None of my other Dell computers do this, including the previous Dell laptop.  It is not a software thing because it doesn't matter what I am in at the time, Firefox, Thunderbird, Quicken, WordPerfect... you name it, it does this odd noise once within the first few keystrokes then it seems to be OK, until I come back to the computer again.  Does anyone else have this problem and does anyone know what I can do to stop it, short of launching the machine through a window?

Thank you,

DWK

No Responses!
No Events found!