Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 6th, 2016 00:00

New Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series laptop - trouble connecting to LG TV via HDMI cable

I have just bought this Dell laptop and is having issues while connect the screen to my LG TV - the first day it works all fine, then after the TV screen start to blink (screen on for say 10 seconds and then black out/blink 1 or 2 times) - I have tried switching to another HDMI cable and still having issues - what is the problem??

Dell Laptop: Inspiron 15 5000 Series 1TB HDD 8GB RAM Core i5-6200U Win10

LG TV: LG Full HD Smart 3D LED LCD TV (Model 55LA7400)

I don't think it is a TV problem as I have used the same HDMI cable for other devices and it has worked just fine. 

2K Posts

November 6th, 2016 12:00

Hi MELODII,

What is the exact system model? Does this occur with or without the adapter connected? Is the issue seen on both duplicate and extended mode?

Update the BIOS - http://dell.to/1n3X2po - enter the service tag and download the BIOS, update and restart the machine and check. Also, reinstall the video drivers from the support site.

If the issue persists, then reinstall the video drivers from the vendor site and check. 

Also, please click my DELL-username and write me a private conversation with the service tag and your Name for case records.

Let us know if you have any other queries.

No Events found!