Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

June 25th, 2016 10:00

New Dell Inspiron Keyboard not working Properly (Up and Left Keys)

I got this new Dell Inspiron 7568 about a week ago. Since I got it the up and left keys have not worked together. They work individually but not together. This does is not isolated to my computer, the display computer at Best Buy also had this issue. This is a big problem because I need those keys in order to test my programs. I have looked in many places some say it is a problem with the bios other say with the drives and others say with the hardware.

I have already tried calling technical support and they could not do anything about it. This is not the first post regarding this problem: http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19679981 (slightly different model). My last computer was also a Dell Inspiron but an older model and it did not have this problem. 

I have been I loyal Dell costumer for a long time please help.

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

June 29th, 2016 15:00

If both keys work when pushed by themselves then this is unlikely a problem with the keyboard itself.  Check to see if Sticky and Filter keys are turned on, and if so disable them.  

You can also check keyboard properties,  press the windows and X keys together and click control panel, ease of access, ease of access center, and choose "change how your keyboard works".  You will have options to adjust Repeat delay and Repeat rate, toy around with the sliders and see if that helps any. 

TB

2 Posts

June 29th, 2016 15:00

Thank you for your reply. I just tried with various keyboard settings and none of them seem to fix the problem and my sticky keys are off. Do you know of anything else that might fix it. 

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

June 30th, 2016 16:00

If changing the repeat delay and rate really didn't make any difference there isn't going to be much more to do.  It is possible that there is a hardware failure and replacing the keyboard may do the trick, it is also just as big a possibility that this is the way the keyboard was designed and replacing it may not change much. 

I will send a friend request, if you are in the US and would like to try a service please accept it.

TB

No Events found!