Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 13th, 2014 11:00

New Inspiron 13 7347 won't turn on

Hi everyone!

I just recieved my new Inspiron 13 7000 series after much waitong... First use, all goes well, I set up windows 8.1 without any problems, look around, install a few software like google chrome, vlc player... All goes well.

But then, I shut it down and go run some errands, and when I come back it won't turn on anymore. The the LED on my charger is on but the one on the laptop isn't. Anyone have any idea what I could do?

Thanks for any help!

3 Posts

December 27th, 2014 07:00

I bought this computer for my daughter for Christmas. It worked for one day then kept saying prepairing automatic repairs then didnt do anything. We brought it to the geek squad who said it had defective hardware and to contact Dell where I bought it for a new one.  

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

December 27th, 2014 07:00

Your best bet is indeed to contact Dell to have the defective system replaced.  You can do this for 21 days after shipment.

3 Posts

December 27th, 2014 08:00

Unfortunately, I bought it in October. It has a warranty though.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

December 27th, 2014 08:00

They may be willing to allow a return since it was a gift -- if not, you'll have to call for a warranty repair. The basic warranty is return to depot - you call, they send a box and you return the system to a repair depot.  The system board likely needs to be replaced.

In any case, you'll need to start with a call to Dell.

2 Posts

March 18th, 2016 08:00

Just spoke with Dell tech support about the same issue.  Mine quit after 50 minutes of arrival.  Remove the back cover, disconnect HD connector from mother board, remove battery, hold power button for 10 secs.  re-install battery, reconnect HD, replace back cover.  Power on.

2 Posts

March 18th, 2016 08:00

I just got our Inspiron 13 7000 and I'm having the same problem.

3 Posts

March 19th, 2016 08:00

Contacted Dell who sent us a recovery usb  disk and it worked.

No Events found!