Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 28th, 2017 05:00

New Inspiron I7 5759 Battery Issues But Numbers won't register so I can't get tech support

I recently purchased a Inspiron 5759 laptop from Amazon, from Dell, and since purchase, the battery intermittently cuts out, for no seemingly no apparent reason.

I've tried to get help from tech support 10 plus times, but neither the  Service Tag or Service Code will register so the door to help is locked.  I've checked back in 48 hours, as directed by the system, but still, nada.  I've called Tech Support, and the Inspiron department places me on hold when they can't track the number and this hold amounts turns into being hung up on.

Now my battery does not work whatsoever and power management says it cannot communicate with the battery.

If anyone can help, I would very much appreciate it.  This is an otherwise perfectly fine laptop, but I'm at my wits end with the battery and the lack of help 

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

January 28th, 2017 08:00

Your best bet is to contact Amazon and return the system for replacement (assuming it was purchased direct from Amazon, and not from an "Affiliate" storefront on Amazon).  If the latter is how the system was purchased, contact the seller directly to arrange a replacement.

Unless the seller can sort out the issues with the service tag, you won't have a warranty to use.

No Events found!